Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys Will a stock 66 front clip bolt on to a 65? I found a complete 66 clip for sale with disk brakes, power steering and upgraded suspension for a decent price and was wondering if it would fit my 65. It looks like all the aftermarket kits are interchangable, but cant find any info on wether the stocks will interchange.
Thanks in advance.
Hex

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe the way the fenders mount on top is different between generations. On a 62+65 I believe the mount horizontal and on 66+67 they mount vertical.

Keep researching, I may be wrong. I'll look at see pictures I have to confirm

·
Vendor
2,192 Posts
The core support and inner fenders are different. The lower suspension will swap over. Swapping suspension is an afternoon in the driveway job. You can then sell off the remainder of the subframe.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is the 65 radiator support unique ? I think there is one under my porch. Looks to be in good condition. How can I tell ? I think that you can use 63-65 inner fenders on 65. I have a couple 66 clips as well.

·
Vendor
2,192 Posts
The '65 core support has unique brackets at the top for mounting the grill. It also has different provisions for the park lamp wiring. Post a pic of it.

1963 - 65 subframes interchange. There are small differences that are irrelevant to all but bone stock restorers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts