Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 66 roller so basically no trim on the front end at all. I bought a new grill from Classic Industries and it doesn't seem to fit between the headlight buckets and is carving the paint up pretty bad. Tried loosening all of the front pieces and they really don't have much give. 'Course, would have to get it back together anyway so I am thinking this grill is too wide.

Also, having never had a Nova and didn't remove the old grill, how the heck does this all go back together? Anybody have some shots of the brackets and the grill so I can see how where they mount, the angle they mount at, so forth. I have zero idea how this went together to begin with, just bought the grill, lower trim and the brackets :confused:

·
13,698 Posts
You need to buy a 1966 Chevy II assembly manual. It shows how everything fits together including the grill. Classic Industries has them and probably your nearest classic car parts location.

Bob

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
On the inside of each headlight is a painted piece with three small holes. The grille mounts using a 1/4-20 nut and bolt in these three holes. Are the headlights/buckets installed? If YES you will need to remove them. Also this painted piece has one bolt holding it the Gravel/Splash pan. This bolt will need to be removed in order for the pieces to move inwards toward the headlight hole. In order for this to happen you will need to loosen the bolts holding the Gravel/Splash pan in place. This will give you enough space to slip the grille in. The grille also has two support brackes that will drop down behind the Gravel/Splash pan. The center of the Grille will slip into place under the front lip of the HOOD latch. The are two bolts which will hold it in place.

Hope the helps.

Bryan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, all good info. I have everything pretty much loosened/apart on the front now.

I see how the ends mount, the center at the hood latch, and then can likely figure out the lower, short brackets once the grill is centered and in place. That said, there are two long brackets as well.

anyone have a shot of the grill with brackets installed? unfortunately I didn't know I would need to see these when I was at SEMA a couple weeks ago and winter is coming on here in the mountains, else I would just hit up a car show :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts