Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to attempt this swap and was curious does any one have any idea to what extent the transmission tunnel will have to be modified?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
66 lsa on the way, hope this is the case

I have made up my mind to place the order for parts on Wednesday. My only reservation has been cutting up a perfect floorpan. Many cars I have restored it would not have mattered , but this one is clean. I am gathering parts for this build, TCI subframe, frame connectors, 4 link, coilover rear.
First time to replace engine with something other than what could have been so I am sure there are going to be some surprises.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully I wont have to cut anything

When inquiring about fitting issues with a 4l85e it was mentioned that the 4l65e was the same size as a 700r4 , but 4l85e would probably involve trans tunnel mods.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
When inquiring about fitting issues with a 4l85e it was mentioned that the 4l65e was the same size as a 700r4 , but 4l85e would probably involve trans tunnel mods.
4L85e is bigger....I dont think you have to cut the floors but you do have to dimple them.....I hope you have a lift and a trans jack....i think that tranny is 290lbs:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts