Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Coast cars never die, they just get older… And how true is that… Well, I my case, I have a Canadian built, 66 Chevy II - 100 series mordor with a 194 L6 & PG, all wrapped in marina blue… A car, that over the course of 55 years has been used as a daily driver, and was still a runner when I brought her home some 3 years ago..

Sure, there is some rust, but for a car that old, it’s surprising solid… The L6 is tired, the PG isn’t as tight as it once was, and the paint is so faded that it’s hard to tell what blue the car was originally…. I didn’t get her for any skookum deal (see Canadian slang) but then again, I got an intact, running car with all its original parts.. That, my friends is something immensely desirable…

So for the record, this is not officially a restore project, but more of a reworking, let’s just say a refresh… What I’m looking to do is bring back some of her original personality…

This is what I’m starting with….

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Last summer I decided that it was time for this tired girl to get a makeover... The odometer shows 16918.5 miles, so add another 100000 to that and we get our starting point…

As previously stated, the 194 six is tired, as is the power glide… working but tired… My decision is the six will stay, in some form, but the PG, probable not… Brakes will be front disk and back drum with appropriate plumbing… Suspension and steering will have to be looked at... It’s drivable now so we’ll get to that later… Electrical hasn’t given me any problems and a quick check shows no burnt wiring… I’ll test for continuity and then decide if replacement is required… Structurally, things look good; sub- frames are tip top as are the rockers, door frames, roof and most everything else.. There is surface rust but nothing to be concerned about… My immediate concern will be the floor pan… (Fred Flintstone would be right at home driving this)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
work done on passenger side floor pan to date.... will do a bit more trimming then screw it in place before welding.. I'll make a start on the drivers side this weekend...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sitting pretty on some diy cribbing.. (2x6s and 2x4s) this is a safe hack that lifts car 10.5 inch for easy access... up and down with floor jack in one go, but provides enough height when working underneath (use of mechanics creeper) recommender:cool: ....

oh yah, the powerglide is out... along with the drive shaft, rear brake line and gas line... engine is soon to follow...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts