Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the components in the two years interiors interchangeable? I got a 67 but I like the looks of the 66 interior better. Are the seat foam the same If I were to change covers? What about the door panels?
Thank,
Rob

·
Vendor
1,579 Posts
Upholstery is basically interchangeble. The seats have minor differences that really don't impact covers. You could easily have '66 interior in your '67. This is for coupes. I believe there are some differences in headliner with 2-door sedans.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The door panels are definately different. The '67 has a rotating lock below the interior door handle. The '66 does not.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Dash pad and the internals of the doors are different . . ,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. But are the seats the same? I mean the foam parts as I know the 67 has the white stripe vertically that I don’t care for.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks guys. But are the seats the same? I mean the foam parts as I know the 67 has the white stripe vertically that I don’t care for.
The 66 seats don't have a push button to fold the seat. The 67's have a button on the back of the seat to fold the front seat. I have a set of 66 SS bucket seats but really like the look of the 67 better. I have about convinced myself into putting 66 seat covers on. Some catalogs show the seat foam to be different in the 67 SS cars.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Huh, well crap. For all the years I've had my 66, I always thought everything was interchangeable between the 6's and 7's except for the front fenders and headlights bezels...
(I've been wrong about worse. Lol)

In the process of my restomod, I've decided I liked the 67 interior better. So much so that I ordered a complete 67 interior kit; minus dash pad.

What can I say? With my car being black/black, I thought the skunk stripe would make a nice contrasting detail.
So... am I going to have problems with the door cards?

·
13,455 Posts
The door cards should fit, but you'll have to locate holes for the '67 lock buttons. As mentioned earlier, there are some minor differences in the seats. Check Classic Industries or a similar outlet to find out if the seat foam is the same. 66 and 67 used to have different order numbers.

Bob

·
Registered
375 Posts
The door cards should fit, but you'll have to locate holes for the '67 lock buttons. As mentioned earlier, there are some minor differences in the seats. Check Classic Industries or a similar outlet to find out if the seat foam is the same. 66 and 67 used to have different order numbers.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I've got the original bucket seats from the 66 SS that my dad bought in 74 and turned into a drag car. I'm going use those in mine. I'll look into the foam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts