Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of all the factory AC brackets and how the brackets are installed on a 66 Nova 327? I believe I am missing a bracket that mounts to the exhaust manifold but not completely sure.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics! I knew it was not right when I took it apart and the brackets were attached to the manifold with u-bolts. I was hoping that I was missing a bracket, now I guess I need to start searching for the correct exhaust manifold.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
air bracket

i think some of the air cond. accessory kits you could get from GM back in the day did come with a u bolt type bracket that you could bolt to your existing non air exhaust manifold.Maybe someone with the book of accessory instuctions can come up with a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hey Now. 1964-1965... Air Conditioner-Deluxe Kit. part #'s 985948-985949-985950= Chevy II These were mounted on the exhaust manifold with the "U" bolts. They went around the exhaust manifold and through an adapter assembly. Then AC mounting bracket bolted to the adapter. This is on page 46 of the Accessories installation reference manual for 1964 GM vehicles. as a note this kit was dealer installed, and you could have got the 1964 model kit, as far as mounting brackets, bolts, etc. Respectully, "Bill's" II It does look like in the pictures you have the 64-65 mounting brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Hey Now. 1964-1965... Air Conditioner-Deluxe Kit. part #'s 985948-985949-985950= Chevy II These were mounted on the exhaust manifold with the "U" bolts. They went around the exhaust manifold and through an adapter assembly. Then AC mounting bracket bolted to the adapter. This is on page 46 of the Accessories installation reference manual for 1964 GM vehicles. as a note this kit was dealer installed, and you could have got the 1964 model kit, as far as mounting brackets, bolts,etc. Respectully, "Bill's" II It does look like in the pictures you have the 64-65 mounting brackets.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I knew it was not right when I took it apart and the brackets were attached to the manifold with u-bolts. I was hoping that I was missing a bracket, now I guess I need to start searching for the correct exhaust manifold.
Those U bolts sound like a dealer installed set-up!
I have a set of those.

Are they a square type of U bolt with a saddle on top of the ex manifold?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The U-bolt bracket setup that I have is definitely not a dealer item, home made all the way. Any pics of the dealer installed U-bolt bracket setup?? Would be interested in buyer either the U-bolt setup or A/C manifold if there are any out there.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Took a while to get it found, scanned and posted but here it is. I had the bright idea to track down all original A/C components from scratch and it took about a year to find them all.

I have never seen a dealer installed U bolt setup in person.

There was a guy selling the main bracket on ebay just last week that connects the R ex manifold to the water pump bolt...first one I have seen in a long time.

Check the sub pic CE

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
66 AC Brackets?

Hey Now, AzureAqua, and 66Chevy2SS, also there are 9 more pages of how and where all the connections for this kit in the same book I mentioned earlier. I do agree that when you first see this system; it does look homemade, but it works. Respectfully, "Bill's" II

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this the set-up you have?

I have one of these as well.They work ok.....
I plan to use the bracket setup as I can fab a bracket that will work, unless I stumble across an exhaust manifold.

Here is the bracket that was being used, can definitely be approved on

·
Registered
983 Posts
I thought we were just interested in the brakets. The schematic I posted was taken from the 1964 Accessories Installation Manual.

Those manifolds pop up from time to time. I have a different RH exhaust manifold that I think is Corvette that has accessory holes, that I bought until I could find a set of Nova ones. It dumps straight down instead of having a rear sweep. In other words there are others out there that will work.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
I plan to use the bracket setup as I can fab a bracket that will work, unless I stumble across an exhaust manifold.

Here is the bracket that was being used, can definitely be approved on

Honestly it would not shock me if this was the GM supplied bracket being used. I have seen some pretty rough items on cars from all the Big Three in this period that could be proven original equipment. The cut-out for the shifter humps on the early SS cars can be pretty rough along with the rear seat belt installation points.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts