Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at a few pictures on the site of tissue dispensers and I have a couple of questions. Are the dispensers all chrome with a black face? Or all they completely chrome and the pictures just aren't showing it very clearly?

Also, I've found a company on the internet that has some, are they repopping those? I didn't think they were. I'd like to find one for my car, but I don't want to have someone see it and know it's a cheap knockoff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dont know if Id worry too much about people thinking its a cheap knockoff. Ive got an NOS one in my 63 thats been in there for 20 years and most of the people who see it ask what it is and most have never seen one before.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
They are very nice, I got one for my 62 (62 style that is), I've seen them for 2nd gens and they are about perfect.

Black center.

·
14,011 Posts
Yes, the pics above are the 1st generation style. The 66/67 tissue boxes were chrome with a black vertical ribbed face and a circle with the Chevy bow-tie in the center. I'll see if I can round up a pic.

Bob

·
14,011 Posts
Here's a pic from the 1966 Chevy II Custom Features & Accessories book. Hard to see in the pic, but the black part of the front is vertical ribs.
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Bob for the info - Someone must have put the 1st generation dispenser on my 66. Really like the look of the 66/67. Maybe if mine was re-chromed it would look sharp!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for clearing that up for me. I read another post where someone turned the tissue dispenser into a hiding spot for a modern stereo. I'm thinking of going that route with a repopped dispenser.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Purchased one about 5 years ago to install in my 66 Nova .... but not going to use it. Pretty sure its a repop ... it's chrome with a black ribbed front. Brand new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts