Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing if someone that happens to run the TCI protouring front clip can take a picture of the ground clearance they have in the front. Between the cross member and the ground. If they are running the 2in lowering spindles that would be exceptional as well. Im trying to see if there is enough room to notch the cross member for engine\pan clearance and add a strength brace below.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This picture is before i completed assembly. Car is lower now
Engine is a stroked LS. Installed a Holley 302-1, it hit the rack & pinion. Replaced it with a 302-2

66 ChevyII.png

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the TCI PT front clip with the standard spindles. The ground clearance ie 4.875 to the R&P mounts and 5.875 to the crossmember. The R&P mounts are the lowest point.

·
Registered
247 Posts
TCI pro-touring front with 2 inch drop. Im running a 4.8 LS with a 4l80e and a turbo so all that adds some weight. That container under is 2.5 inches and there is another inch in between it from the lowest part of the power steering mount. So a total of 3.5 inches. My lowest part of the car is the 3 inch exhaust though, then the tranny followed by the front cross member. Im using the 1998- 02 fbody pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
140 Posts
I have the older TCI IFS with 2” drop spindles, 225-45-17 tires and have 4 3/4”. Mine has a bigger cross member so the rack mounts are flush with the cross member. You need to have your lower A arms level, parallel to the ground, per TCI.
View attachment 407858
Are the 225’s on 7” wheels? I’m getting the TCI clip also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What motor and pan are U usin ?
I am using a VW motor so the reason for the sectioning. (Yes I get lots of crap from my father for this choice)

The oil pickup is right on the cross bar why the cut was made. I just see the picture and it seems WAY to low for it to not hit. I was not involved in this decision. I was informed after the work had been done. The engine is lower weight. Fully dressed it should be around 325lbs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill just have to wait till the engine is all in to see how low she goes then. Hopefully Ill be at the 3.5 is what the lowest was listed above is.

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,008 Posts
I am using a VW motor so the reason for the sectioning. (Yes I get lots of crap from my father for this choice) View attachment 407866

The oil pickup is right on the cross bar why the cut was made. I just see the picture and it seems WAY to low for it to not hit. I was not involved in this decision. I was informed after the work had been done. The engine is lower weight. Fully dressed it should be around 325lbs
What VW motor ya gonna use out of curiosity?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What VW motor ya gonna use out of curiosity?
A VR6. I have an older 12v mocked up currently but I might go with a newer 24v. I thought about trying to be fancy and using a W8 so I could appease more of the 8cyl die hards like my dad, but they are scarce and high cost of maintenance.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
A VR6. I have an older 12v mocked up currently but I might go with a newer 24v. I thought about trying to be fancy and using a W8 so I could appease more of the 8cyl die hards like my dad, but they are scarce and high cost of maintenance.
Hey that’s what hot roding is all about, do what you know and like 👍I don’t know anything about VW motors accept the flat 4’s I used to work on in the 70’s. So is it a 4-6 , turbo ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey that’s what hot roding is all about, do what you know and like 👍I don’t know anything about VW motors accept the flat 4’s I used to work on in the 70’s. So is it a 4-6 , turbo ?
It's a 15° V6 so it has one head even though it's a V6. It only takes up as much space as a 2.0 4 cyl. No modifications and adding some boost they are good for 6-700hp. Very robust out of the factory. Originally they were designed to be diesel generators. Have a pretty cool sounding burble if you Google "vw R32 exhaust".

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Wheel specs will be covered in this tech thread.

I’ve fitted 235/45/17 and 18 inch wheels on a TCI MII clip. The wheels have 5.25” of backspace. Pictured with 18” wheels here.

65F8C9B7-8388-42C0-9515-2A97D30A3750.png

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
It's a 15° V6 so it has one head even though it's a V6. It only takes up as much space as a 2.0 4 cyl. No modifications and adding some boost they are good for 6-700hp. Very robust out of the factory. Originally they were designed to be diesel generators. Have a pretty cool sounding burble if you Google "vw R32 exhaust".
That’s pretty cool never seen one before 👍

·
Registered
101 Posts
66 with TCI PT clip and stock spindle height. Tires are 255/30/20. Don't recall BS. Gen1 small block. Plenty of crossmember clearance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts