Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me get an idea on what the value on these 66-67 Nova tail lights might be. These are the Canadian only version that I understand are in demand seeing as how they are made from pot metal and chromed rather than an aluminum stamping process.

They would need to be professionally restored and replated. I'd like to get an approximate value so I have somewhere to start (thinking online auction at the moment). There is a good amount of pitting on these. Someone has sanded the pits flat on one side of a bezzel maybe in order to restore them but didn't? They need work but I figure someone could probably make use of them.

Here's some photo's:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well that is exactly what mine looked like and a guy in Calgary restored them for $125 each. Dremelled out the pits, filled, re-chromed, etc. They look nice. I had ordered repo set and the are just thin stamped tin pieces and I didn't like the way they looked. You can buy originals from the tinman auto recylcler in Cobblehill BC for a wide range of $ but he quoted me 150 for very nice originals but I figured they would still need chroming so I did my own. Might help you attach a value? Obviously my prices are quoted in canadian funds

·
14,410 Posts
About 4 years ago I purchased two with considerably fewer pits than yours for $75 each. It cost $400 to have them restored to show quality, but the finished product was outstanding. Restoring these is very labour intensive, especially if any of the edges are broken down by pits. Seeing you already own them, you might want to check out the cost of getting them restored and then selling them. I've seen show quality units advertised at over $1500 a pair.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts