Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a set of replacement rollers for my 66 coupe for a while, and never could find the right ones. According to the people who should know, the 66/67 front windows use a different roller than the earlier and later models both. Many vendors sell a roller that they said fits 62-72, or some other combination, but I have been told that these do not work. Also, it appears that most rollers being sold are 5/8" or .625", but the original rollers are .670".

Well, I stumbled across Ricks Camaro website, and their 67-69 Camaro rollers look right and are listed as .670" dia. I have ordered a set, and time will tell whether they will work, but I will post an update when I get them. Ricks is a Eckler's company, and I have been disappointed by Eckler's many times in the past when buying Corvette parts, but my fingers are crossed!
It appears that the worst case is that the rollers may be too wide, and if they are, I can chuck them up in the lathe and shave the width of the roller down a little, but it sure would be nice if they fit without any modification.:)

Regards, John McGraw

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
good luck with your windows. its the quarter windows on my 66 that i have to get inside an see why they crank so hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts