Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , ive seen ads stating that the 66-67 front fenders interchange. i dont thnk so! or am i wrong? input appreciated.:no:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I recently asked the same question becuase I wanted to put a 67 grill on my 66. The are different but they are still interchangable as a set with the grill, bezels, and fenders.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
I have seen a 67 front cap on a 66. I think the only difference is in the headlight area - bezels are different.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Fenders are different, grille is different, bezels are different. there are some mounting hardware different as well. if you change anything you need to change it all.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I have the 67 fenders and grille on my 66....Whoever owned the car before me notched the top center if of it for whatever reason....but I've taken it all apart and cleaned it up when I did my engine bay....nothing to it...You'll notice that the headlight bezels at the bottom have a sharper degree of angle to them...and there also painted black to give it a stripped affect...same as the grille..My hood and bumper are 66

By rroxon7, shot with FinePix J10 at 2009-03-16

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
You can do it, but I wouldnt mix the parts , it fools 90% of the people but the 10 per cent Nova people are gonna bust you on it, If thats all you can get to get it on the road I can see that also

66-67 s have different hood latch , splash pan, grill extensions ,headlight pots and other differences as stated above

These photos for demonstration only, not for sale

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
You can do it, but I wouldnt mix the parts , it fools 90% of the people but the 10 per cent Nova people are gonna bust you on it
Mine would fool over 90% of the people including most Nova people since it also has all of the 67 SS trim including the rear diecast. The dash gives a few subtle clues but other than that the only way to tell for sure is by the cowl and VIN tags. It is a true 118 66 SS car though. Since it's pro street it really doesn't matter but I already have most of the parts to change it back to a 66 so I plan to go that direction when I start tearing into it this summer.

I'm going to sell the entire front end sheet metal along with the complete custom DJRC Strange drag subframe to someone looking to build a top-notch sub-10 second '67 drag car.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
67 Hood release is different from the 66. Also the 67 Doors have these little Chrome turn Knobs to lock the door. So if you want to FOOL someone making a 66 look like 67, make sure you change your DOORS. LOL.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
just wanted to add that the Acadian used 66 fenders in 67 as well , and only changed the grill slightly by adding turn signals lights to the grill in 67 .
only in Canada eh!:turn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts