Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any decent pictures of how a 66-67 4 speed console fits the floor? I have a reproduction one and am trying decide how/where its supposed to sit.My 4 speed hump is not likely to be in the correct location so I have nothing to go by.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Brian,

I can get you the measurements off of my 65. Bases are slightly different, but location will be the same. I will probably be tomorrow before I can take the measurements.

Walt

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GOT THE AUTOMATIC BRIAN, I'M SURE IT'S CLOSE, BUT NOT THE SAME! :rolleyes: IF YA WANT PICS OF THAT I'LL POST EM! :cool:

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I realy an interested in is contour on the bottom,does it fit the floor well or are there big gaps? My 4 speed hump is not in the correct place I think.I am trying to see if this is throwing me off, or if they do not really fit the floor very well.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
My 65 fits the floor pretty nice but I know you want to see a 66 or 67.

As far as the hump goes, is your carpet out? The hump pretty much only has one spot it will fit because of some of the dimples, lines etc that are pressed in to it.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carpet is in and glued down, has been for 15 years. When I built the car originally I put the hump in centered on my Hurst shift linkage with no concern for what was correct,now I am making changes and want to install a console an have never paid any attention to how they actually fit originally. I think my floor hump is slightly more offset to the drivers side than stock but not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts