Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend has discovered this rear in his 66 2 dr sedan. Asked me what its worth, I've never seen one for sale. Does anyone have any idea what these are worth now? He doesn't have a computor, so its fallen in my lap, I'm trying to keep him from cutting it up with c-clip stuff.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If it is an original nova rear, I have seen them go for more than 1500$. If it was cut down to fit a nova, with good gears and a locker it is still worth 1000$. Hot item, people will stand in line for a 12 bolt.

·
Registered
879 Posts
evldoer said:
If it is an original nova rear, I have seen them go for more than 1500$. If it was cut down to fit a nova, with good gears and a locker it is still worth 1000$. Hot item, people will stand in line for a 12 bolt.
I had a 12 bolt from my 63 (the 12 bolt was transplanted I know!). The stamps on the housing, the axle tubes, and the posi unit matched mine to a 66 Chevy Nova...I sold it on ebay and got 1500 for it. I even double checked to see if the axles tapered at the end and they did!

What I would do is grab all the codes off of it (housing, posi unit, axle tubes) because everyone will be asking to know! If you have a Nova rear...then dont take less then 1200 depending on what shape it is in. To sweeten my deal I sold the leaf springs (stock monoleaf) and shackles for it!

Good luck...and if you need any clarification on any of the codes just let me know!

Here is the codes off of my 12 bolt:
Axle Code: FL0525E
Breakdown:
FL: 3.55 posi 12-bolt
05: May
25: 25th
E: Eaton Positraction Differential

Diff Housing
#3894860NF is the Center Section Casting Number
D57 is the casting date; April 5th, 1967

source: http://www.novaresource.org/axle.htm

-John (good luck with it!)