Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a complete seal kit, need everything for the car. Has anyone had good luck with Classic Industries kits, they list a PN N5113, for the post cars. Wondering if these are good, bad, is there better? Please let me know if you would order something else.

Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've used the Classic stuff before, and it's decent, but the last few car's that I've done, I've used Clester's Weatherstripping, and the stuff is awesome!! The fitment is great, the rubber isn't too hard at all, I've seen rubber's that are a little too hard and it takes forever to get it to seat correctly. Not to mention, all the people there are really easy to get along with. Clestersauto.com . I'm not sure what is in that particular Classic Industries package, you may have to build your own package with Clester's, but you will probably save some cash.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'm sure the stuff from Classic is made by another major brand just packaged different.

i used a Soff seal kit on the 67 hardtop I'm working on (other than windsheild gasket) and it works well.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only concern I have is the post cars with the window seals (upper/inner portion). I've used the classic stuff before on my coupe, but thats all soft stuff, where the post cars have the channeledformed seals for the windows. The classic ind kit is supposed to have everything and is around 230 bucks, A&M seal kit is supposed to be the same parts and is about 225 on there site, they are probably the same kits.

I'll look into the Cluster stuff, thanks for the link.

Duane

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'll be swapping out my 67 Sedan rubbers soon, I've had Soff Seal in there for a while, and I never really liked them. I can't complain too much, they've been in there since 93. Clester's started out as an OEM rubber supplier, and I think they still do that, but they started making restoration rubber a few years back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts