Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post what the connectors for the tail lights and back up lights look like for a '65 wagon?

I'm installing the AAW kit (great kit BTW) and they provide the harness and socket for the above mentioned but I just don't 'see how it connects. I know people have used the AAW kit so I have to be overlooking something. I didn't have the any connections to these when I first got my project so I can't compare.

Tail lights: Below is the stock tail light bezel and the wire harness/socket from AAW. A bulb fits great if I was just using the socket provided, but the stock bezel has a housing built in to it that doesn't appear to be removable. Even if the AAW socket fit over the housing of the stock bezel; the bulb can't reach the contacts of the AAW socket. Just to check; I pulled out the metal sleeve in the AAW socket and placed it over the bulb housing in the stock bezel; that can't be right.

Back up lights: Pictured is the stock back up light bezel and the wire harness/socket from AAW. I'm just confused.

Just for reference; the AAW schematic
http://www.americanautowire.com/PDFLink/92969284 510146 IN 1.0.pdf

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ya that is not right as you know. Napa carries something very similar to the bulb filament like the original showing in your tail light housing. The new ones on the wire kit and obviously wrong. Maybe get new ones from Napa or use your existing ones. Splice the new housings off and solder the new ones on from Napa or solder your existing ones on to the new wire harness. Wrong taillight connectors for your housing. Hope the best.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jed (JeepBoy_90) hooked me up with what I was looking for and you can see from the pics he sent how different the '65 wagon tail light and back up light connectors are as to why the AAW one's won't work (well; the back up light on could be spliced in).

Thanks Jed!

Tail light:

back up light:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts