Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,015 Posts
I think all novas look good with their original side trim. Yours looks especially good.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,015 Posts
My first Nova was a 65 wagon and someone had removed the side trim when i got it. I always wished for some original side trim but my budget left me with some of the stick on side trim from Auto Zone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks sweet! I have a 65 took me forever to find the original side trim. Question you said new trim, Did you find someone/somewhere that repops. them? pic-3.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first Nova was a 65 wagon and someone had removed the side trim when i got it. I always wished for some original side trim but my budget left me with some of the stick on side trim from Auto Zone.
Yes, the cost factor for original trim plus the cost of having it repaired and polished was not in my budget. That combined with even being able to find it for our wagons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks sweet! I have a 65 took me forever to find the original side trim. Question you said new trim, Did you find someone/somewhere that repops. them? View attachment 403932
Hi WaxDave, I don’t believe anyone repops it for our wagons unfortunately. I ended up modifying some fairly higher grade stick on stuff and it looks pretty good. If you follow all of 3m’s installation guidelines, it is attached extremely well. Pretty much all newer cars have the side trim attached the same way so I figured it would be fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You did a great job on yours then, I did find some reasonably priced that had already been restored. Lucky I guess? I just started looking early on in my build, so I had plenty of time to look and patience paid off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You did a great job on yours then, I did find some reasonably priced that had already been restored. Lucky I guess? I just started looking early on in my build, so I had plenty of time to look and patience paid off.
Thanks WaxDave, you are very fortunate to have found some trim. I had the drip rail trim refurbished and polished locally. Stay healthy.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,876 Posts
Sharp looking wagon.

Reactions: BLYOTH
1 - 15 of 15 Posts