Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of lining up suppliers for an all new interior for a 65 Wagon. The supplier sites are a little inconsistent/confusing as to whether anyone re-pops the rear door armrest bases and pads. I reached out to a couple suppliers, but they didn’t know if they did or not…?

If the pads and bases aren’t re-popped, then I may be inclined to simply install a complete 64 interior, just to make sure the vinyl grain, color, etc. appears consistent throughout the car. Since I am replacing the door panels at the same time, variations in the shape of the bases would not be a problem (since the bases won’t have imprinted the new door panels until installation). My assumption is that all first-gen rear doors have the same arm rest base bolt layout and that interiors are interchangeable for first-gen wagons.

So, my questions for the collective wisdom are: 1) Does anyone know whether 65 wagon rear arm rest pads and bases are re-popped, and 2) Can anyone confirm that pre-65 first gen wagon/4-door interior is compatible with a ’65?

I’m just trying to get this right the first time and am trying to avoid receiving a big box of stuff, only to find that certain parts don’t work.

Thanks, Derek

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
65 rears are not reproduced. You can get the fronts only for 65-67.

The lower style (short bodied) 62-64 arm rests are also not reproduced.

You can get the 65-67 front bases and pads (chrome bases), or the 62-64 (chrome) bases and pads.

If you wish to remain correct, I'd recommend Bob Meals for your rear bases and a good upholsterer for the pads, from PUI I can get you fabric to match the rest for use on the rear pads.

Otherwise, I can get all the upholstry needs for your wagon (except for the rear rests of course.).

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
65 rears are not reproduced. You can get the fronts only for 65-67.

The lower style (short bodied) 62-64 arm rests are also not reproduced.

You can get the 65-67 front bases and pads (chrome bases), or the 62-64 (chrome) bases and pads.

If you wish to remain correct, I'd recommend Bob Meals for your rear bases and a good upholsterer for the pads, from PUI I can get you fabric to match the rest for use on the rear pads.

Otherwise, I can get all the upholstry needs for your wagon (except for the rear rests of course.).
Very helpful, but I am still a little confused. Are there any repop rear pads and bases that will fit a '65 wagon even if they are not "year correct"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts