Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Quick question concerning paint damage from the trunk trim(large) on my '65 Chevy II. There is a line where bottom edge of trim sits against the trunk lid. I've sanded it out, and refinished the whole lid, but I know the line is going to be back. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to solve it? I'm thinking of making a "gasket" for it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Hello everybody. Quick question concerning paint damage from the trunk trim(large) on my '65 Chevy II. There is a line where bottom edge of trim sits against the trunk lid. I've sanded it out, and refinished the whole lid, but I know the line is going to be back. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to solve it? I'm thinking of making a "gasket" for it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paul
picture please......you could do a bead of clear silicone on the outer edge and let it dry...instant rubber gasket

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Batman. I never thought of that. I cant do pictures, as I cant get photobucket to work.. I've been through the process as described on here, and can't get it to work.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
From the factory they had strips of the same body caulk that they used between the front fender lip & inner fender panel mount. It was used on the backside of the diecast prior to installing. That should be enough to keep it from cutting into the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts