Chevy Nova Forum banner
601 - 620 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
While waiting to figure out when im going to continue with the intercooler setup (once funds are available), I decided to work on a little bit of the interior... Just in case I need to remove the speaker kick panel, to get a cage to fit tightly to the chassis and thru the dash, I made some adapters to flush mount speakers into the door, without cutting the door up... the adapter will sit on top of whatever door panel i end up using...

if i end up with a nice fitting cage, and am able to keep the kick panel speakers, then there will be four speakers up front, for now, they are all wired up... will add a small amp or two in the end (for front/rear speakers and sub), when the entire audio setup is done.. .but for now, this will help hear anything coming out of the radio while the car is being driven and worked on...

used this square hole as the location for the speakers...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
I wasnt really happy with the previous fuel tank vent setup/rollover valve... I dont think that style valve breathes good enough...

I decided to machine a few parts, misc small bling bungs, npt bungs, etc... and make a baffled catch can/vent setup... in case i overfill the tank a little, etc... or the tank pushes a little fuel out...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
this is the top... it vents out the bottom... i added another npt to the top, in case i move it somewhere else... or use it on another project... and want to vent it out the top

added little blind bungs to the top, so that i could make a bracket to bolt it to the bottom of the car...

the vent tube goes all the way to the top, 3/4" tube... tapped it 3/8' npt

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
-8AN rollover valve and drain valve...

i can figure out breather/filter or something to cover the vent holes, if i end up keeping this style valve... though i dont think i would have a problem with anything getting into it as it... (the style valve is normally used on top of a tank as a bulk head style mount, this would be inside the tank normally)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
it is easy to access the drain, if i need to... without jacking the car up... i also tested it, with air and water... works good... going to compare one other style rollover valve, when it shows up and then finish plumping it in... for now, i used two existing threaded holes that were already there (on my projects floor pan/crossmember for a sway bar)... (can move the setup later if i make a custom sway bar for the rear and use those locations for that)...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #615 ·
Why did you make a tank for your fuel tank vent? Do you not have room for a hump in the vent hose?
the initial vent setup was routed up toward the filler/cap inside the wheel well with a rollover valve... the typical way is/was not adequate venting for my setup... and also easy to over fill the tank up beyond both vents, especially when filling up with e85 in my area, the pump doesnt have an automatic shut off...

I had it setup a certain way, shown earlier in the thread and that helped with multiple issues (including fuel getting trapped inside the line and it pushing fuel out the rollover valve, building up too much pressure in the tank)...

I made this setup to make sure i addressed it all... including if the tank pushes a bit of fuel out, for any reason... instead of it trying to push out the cap, or through the insufficient vent rollover valve that was previously on it...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 · (Edited)
tested filling the tank up again... watched the fuel reach the upper vent line and stopped when it got to that point... couldnt see it go into the lower vent (or would have stopped then)... I drained the can after about 100 miles of driving... the catch can did catch several ounces of fuel that was pushed out of the tank, so did its job... I believe this is only an issue if the tank is "over filled" (but thats what i wanted to address)... it will catch a sufficient amount of fuel before it starts coming out of the roll over valve... and i believe it may satisfy any "safety rules" (pertaining to catch cans and rollover valves) if they are needed to be followed at some point down the line...

601 - 620 of 642 Posts