Chevy Nova Forum banner

501 - 520 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
It’s alive..!
fired right up too... forgot to change the parameters for the scavenge pump to turn on immediately and shot a little oil through the exhaust... but caught it quick... cleared up pretty quick
It sounds Strong.
does sound nice... good tone, at least in person... and not too loud, in my opinion... at least quieter than i thought it would be...

Yous sir have been doing some amazing work . Thanks for sharing your details of the build and congrats on bringing her to life.
thank you...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 · (Edited)
needed to free up a couple of inputs on the ecu... and wanted to be able to see/read/log, all the sensors that are wired in so far... took the trans and oil temps and wired them into the display... added additional sensors to the display.... and sending the sensor/signals that the ecu needs (to turn on trans cooler fan, etc.) via can.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
didnt know holley now offers a can input/output module that lets you add 8 inputs and 8 outputs to the term x (pn 554-166)... if i would have known that, i would have gotten it and went with dakota gauges... good to know for future though... the only thing i dont like about the termx, is the 4 in/outs...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hell to the yeah... Congrats on hearing your baby come to life after so much hard work. As you already know lots of work has been done but I'm guessing you still have a bit before being able to call it finished. If there ever is a finish line with a hot rod.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Hell to the yeah... Congrats on hearing your baby come to life after so much hard work. As you already know lots of work has been done but I'm guessing you still have a bit before being able to call it finished. If there ever is a finish line with a hot rod.
thank you... def a still have bit to go... would want to tear it back completely apart and do the finish work... add autosports for the engine components, work on body, etc... gonna try to tune it a bit and figure out what other fab work, components need to be added etc, before even entertaining tearing it all the way back down... need to determine whether or not i want to install a cage, also... but the second time around should be easier, now that i know what im into... may just build a 6 point, install full harnesses (have simpson lap belts in it right now), and add carpet.... for now, i just want to get it running as good as i can and continue with it, as it is driven...

i have a halotron based 2.5lb fire extinguisher coming, to mount in the trunk, along with element e50 and e100 extinguishers to hide somewhere in the cab... need to secure the hood, re check alignment... then i can try to street tune it a little... (and in back of my mind, far far back, is entertaining selling it to someone else, for a reasonable price, who would "finish it" and starting again, to keep sharpening skill level best i can)...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
added the sensors to the pro dash... took two of them off the termx and now getting those and more from the prodash canbus... sensors are all reading correctly, except, need to trouble shoot the flex fuel sensor... turn signals, high beams, etc. all indicate on the dash

termx inputs look like this for now

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 · (Edited)
you can see that i wired the headlight switch to the pro dash also... when you turn/rotate the switch (to the left), with the headlights on, it sends power thru the "dash light" wire (probably variable, didnt test it)... not using this for anything, but it is there for now...

with the headlights off or on, and rotating the switch all the way to the left, sends a ground through the "courtesy wire" prob normally wired to a dome light, or courtesy lights...

on the can input for the termx, they are listed as headlight sw neg and pos...

i have two free inputs in the termx and one could be a boost scramble. But, so that i dont have to wire in a button to test it, i created a table using the headlight neg as a trigger to add boost... when "enabled" and when the switch is turned all the way to the left it will add x psi. (in whatever way it is programmed in the table). right now, left it set to add 2 psi under 3500 rpm and ramp up to 5 psi above... to test it, when the time comes... turn the switch back and it will deactivate the table...

can do a bunch with these tables etc...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 · (Edited)
instead of mounting the sensor under the car, on the trans. i mounted it to the shift base/mount, using 1/8" aluminum...
modified the tab for the pointer/indicator on the shifter, so that the rod end can pivot up and down freely... without relieving the area around the rod end, it will bind at the upper and lower angles of the sensor's travel...

·
Registered
304 Posts
i put a splitter on the ecu databus cable to the display, so that i didnt have to disconnect the display to connect the laptop... i 3d printed/designed a bracket for a usb bulkhead to snap into, and then used small piece of angle iron to attach that to an existing hole that was under the dash...

You have an awesome build thread. What’s the secret to making the usb splitter work. I have tried a splitter but can’t get the HP tuner to connect while still connected to the Dakota digital dash.

501 - 520 of 539 Posts