Chevy Nova Forum banner

481 - 500 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Absolutely love the build! Fantastic workmanship also!

I just started reading your build thread today so I hope I'm not to late. Look closely at that ict adapter. A friend of mine had one and when he threaded in the AN adapter for a gauge it blocked oil pressure to the engine. His gauge would show oil pressure but it starved the mains. I think his adapter was different but thought I would mention it. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Absolutely love the build! Fantastic workmanship also!

I just started reading your build thread today so I hope I'm not to late. Look closely at that ict adapter. A friend of mine had one and when he threaded in the AN adapter for a gauge it blocked oil pressure to the engine. His gauge would show oil pressure but it starved the mains. I think his adapter was different but thought I would mention it. Keep up the good work!
thank you... i will double check this... i did take a look at it prior to putting it on, etc... the way it is designed, it seemed to me that it should work good... nothing blocked etc...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 · (Edited)
set it on the ground with all fluids etc... just a tiny bit too low (for street driving),... was able to check clearances on everything while there... though everything was very close, at this height, everything cleared... didnt leave much room for travel...

so, i remade the exhaust, doesnt look much different, but it is... was aggravating to do... got rid of the vband (was the closest part to the tire) and moved it a little further in toward the middle of the car... and as far away from the tire as i could get it, with this type of setup... with the wheel turned all the way to the left, it is close, but does have clearance... will add the heat protection back in this area too... hard for me to do much more, without the help of a lift (to hep me get into a more comfortable position)... may add a slip joint back in later... but i just wanted to do something to be able to run the engine (and try to avoid exiting out the fender/hood etc)...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great work! I love the 3d printed parts!!!

I need to ask you about your fuel pump flange mounting to the tank as I struggled with mine a few days ago from tanks inc. How do your screws seal against the mounting flange?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
Great work! I love the 3d printed parts!!!

I need to ask you about your fuel pump flange mounting to the tank as I struggled with mine a few days ago from tanks inc. How do your screws seal against the mounting flange?
thanks...

havent added gas to the tank yet... the bolts, gasket etc. went on nicely... i know that it only went on one way, if that makes sense, where you would think you can rotate it around or index it... it has an odd bolt pattern and needs to be lined up... if you are referring to a leak, i havent added fuel yet to check... but seemed to bolt together nicely...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
just heard the pump for first time a few minutes ago... temporarily wired a relay to convert the 12v+ from the termx to a ground to trigger the relay on the american autowire relay one circuit... not sure why i didnt think to do that when i first wired it, as the input for the fuse block needs to be ground... but after not hearing the pump come on (after loading the tune onto the termx and cycling the ignition), it only took a couple minutes to figure it out... will clean up the wiring a but more later... oil pressure is good, all signals, etc good... should be ready for fuel now... i think

·
Registered
657 Posts
So the beast is about ready to run! Ill bet you're excited to hear that, let alone drive it. I've said it before, but deserves repeating. This car is amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
Amazing work you are doing man..!
thank you...

So the beast is about ready to run! Ill bet you're excited to hear that, let alone drive it. I've said it before, but deserves repeating. This car is amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.
thank you... a little nervous about starting it, but def going to grab some gas soon, check for fuel leaks and try to fire it up...

481 - 500 of 539 Posts