Chevy Nova Forum banner

441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
got the ecu and all sensors/etc wired up... all wiring is done (until/unless i tear everything back apart), except the scavenge pump and intercooler (dont have them yet), but the wiring is there for them already... will pick up the pump now and may wait to pick up the intercooler down the line... left a little room for changing things around and looking forward to cleaning it all up and adding the autosport connectors in for the engine, once/if i pull things back apart down the line...

i used an adjustable delay off relay (2 to 180 seconds), wired up to the MSD relay 12v+input for the scavenge and intercooler pumps (to allow the pump on the turbo drain to continue to run after power is shut off to it), also programmed to only run when the oil pressure is over 5 psi, so that it wont just run with the key on, engine off...

the terminator x and x max dont have an output that will send a 12v+... so i wired in another relay to convert the ground output to the 12v+ trigger on the delay relay... i wasnt sure it would work, if i wired it like the normal one (based on the information on it, that the ground and main power needed to be constant/not switched)...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #445

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #448 (Edited)
since i deleted the factory one gen3 knock sensors, that were normally located under the intake... I added newer gen4 style sensors

found a stock threaded bolt hole that was the correct thread pitch for the sensors on the drivers side... used an existing non threaded hole in the block for the passenger side (larger than the sensor bolt, but going to try the location for now).... extended the wiring harnesses and routed along with the oil temp sensor, down the drivers side and under the engine with the alt wire to the pass sensor...

for notes:
in the tuning/ecu, i set the starting frequency for them to 6.2khz (according to the chart and bore size... if doesnt work right, second choice will be 10.2khz, third 12.8khz))... starting sensitivity to 50. Going to refer back to this thread for refresher on tuning them Connecting & Tuning Knock Sensors - Holley EFI

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #451 (Edited)
Needed to mount the fans, i dont have a lot of room, as you can see... so using one puller 12" spal fan on the front of the radiator and one pusher on the back (opposite side)... (2600ish cfm total), hope it will cool fine... but will change it up, if i need to down the line...

i didnt want to use those through the fin straps, i dont like those... so i made some mounts, i programmed and 3d printed them first, so i can laser cut them in the future, or mill them etc, if i need any more for anything else... easy to change it up... used the 3d printed piece as a template.. can bolt it through the radiator, where a shroud typically bolts, or put nutserts in that location too... need to test fit it for the front fan, but will def work for the rear one...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #454 (Edited)
clearanced the bumper valance a little for the rear of the fan... drilled all the holes, for both fas, to mount the brackets to the radiator, turned out to fit perfectly within the factory cut out on the core support, with the fan all the way to the edge of the core... same as the inside... mounted that fan... will finish up the other two brackets and mount the inside fan... then wire it up...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
coming along nicely. Those brackets came out nice.
thank you...

feels "weird" having the final bit of wiring done for now... fans to the relay (open spot wired for an intercooler water pump)... will clean up all the wiring and finalize everything down the line, when/if i get the point where i need to tear the car back apart... waiting on a couple of things to show up tomorrow, to put the hotside and turbo back in and then figure out the vacuum line plumbing and any misc... then will be able to test fire and figure out what needs to be changed/fixed/revamped etc...

life is not guaranteed, when i started on this project, at the beginning of the thread, i had no clue it would be where it is today... that i would even have the "time" to spend on it... or resources... just put one foot in front of the other and will continue to do so...

441 - 460 of 460 Posts