Chevy Nova Forum banner

421 - 440 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Looks like you're doing some really nice work on the car. Take a couple wider angle shots of the engine bay next time you're in there.
things are a bit of a mess right now (between more fab work and wiring), but i can take a few wider angle pics a little bit down the line...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #427 (Edited)
modified the little mounts i previously made to mount the front seats and ended up not using them for that... they were the correct height to position the tube, how i wanted it for the lower turbo support

the turbo mount, slides in between these clevis ends, i welded into the tubing on the other mounts that bolt to the car...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
turbo is fully supported as it is right now and seems very strong... can add more support if needed... i will box the lower mount around the heim for the down bar (the other side is already boxed)... and will add another bolt on the other side of the bracket, when i take the inner fender back off...

for now, i can move forward with cutting the section out, adding the bellow and adding the wastegate...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
added the wastegate... when i remake the setup, i will build everything slightly different... but am learning what i like and dont, as i go along... will brace it off the tubing under it... and it will dump down under the car... with the other ends of the hot side blocked off, it does flow nicely to the wastegate...

will use a tee on the dome, the pressure sensor will be mounted to the tee vertically and wires ran along with the tps/iac wires on the tb....

it will be somewhat hidden under the short cold side...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #434 (Edited)
this next section will need to be changed a little down the line... when i add the intercooler... but needed to get something done for now... not sure i like how it "looks" but not sure what else to do here (may add a bit more weld to and smooth out/machine the middle weld on the center section, not that that would help)... for now, should hopefully be fully functional, which is what i care about... didnt necessarily want to build a core support, front section etc... which would have made things a bit easier to fit... wanted something to sort of fit around the car, best i could for now... maybe down the line, ill change the engine and add another turbo... build a tubular front section.... but, ive never built something like this, so wanted something basic to start with...

there is an 1/8" gap at each clamp, for "wiggle room"

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
though i do have an extra sensor, to try to keep things a but cleaner, not going to run a dome pressure sensor... going to take the 5 volt signal from the map sensor (as suggested by Sloppy Mechanics, Matt)... i also put the boost controller under the turbo near the core support to make running the lines to and from, simpler... running the power and input through the loom for the headlight, etc wiring and to the autosport connector on that side)... i am going to start with a 4 port, but i also have a 3 port (and tapped the mount for both), in case i want to try that, or have issues with the 4...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #439 (Edited)
also ran the trigger wires for the relay into the driver side body connector.. along with wires for the boost solenoid... still need to put the bottom bolt in the relay and it will sit straight

all the wiring is 100% copper... ran everything as clean as i can in case its a little while before i tear everything back down to finish clean up work, etc... at that point, will do a little bit better of a job hiding wires and with the engine harness (right now, just using a split grommet, but will be using two autosport connectors, when or if i pull the engine at some point)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #440 (Edited)
finishing up more wiring. continued to label things, as best i could, in case someone else ends up with this and for future reference... the trans psi (analog signal) will be left loose, until i can get the other holley display (that has more inputs for things...

the termx only has 4 inputs and 4 outputs...

for now, using the inputs for:
trans temp
oil temp (will be moved to the display and then will be a button for boost increase)
boost/psi (for boost solenoid)-from the map signal
flex fuel sensor

and the outputs for:
fans 1 and 2 (to msd relay)
Boost control solenoid
trans fan (to main fuse block/relay)
scavenge/intercooler pumps (to msd relay)

had to wire in a 5volt, with 10k resistor to the signal from the flex fuel sensor, so used this area to label the outputs

straight to the trans fan from fused/relay in trunk, controlled by the ecu

421 - 440 of 460 Posts