Chevy Nova Forum banner

401 - 420 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
re designed the pedal support bracket, so that it would be easy to install (where you dont have to get the hole exactly perfect)... the other one had a bit of tension on it (in the wrong direction), because i didnt drill the hole exactly where i had marked it... would have had to take the pedal back out to get a better angle... it did work fine, but wanted to correct it anyway

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #404 (Edited)
also... swapped the fuel pump from the 400lph (which ended up not being compatible with e85), to the "Hellcat" 450+lph e85 compatible pump... also was able to test the placement of the access panel... was able to get the pumps in and out easily... i didnt want to have to pull the pump, after gas has been ran through it, and re wire it... in order to use e85... so just replaced it now...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
the trans and fuel are completely plumbed now... secured with p clamps along the way (and 1/4-20 bolts)... ready to add fuel, when at that point... wish i would have just went with ptfe in the first place... but at the time, i thought it would be too expensive to have to buy all the fittings, etc. not knowing exactly what i needed... i will def re make again, but this stuff is supposed to be good for e85, etc... so will just use it until i need to change it... the setup is easy to service, so wont be too bad to do, other than the added cost...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’ve been looking long and hard for a cheaper way to plumb E85 but I think the long term answer is PTFE hose. I think I’m going to go with Vibrant stainless hose. I wanted the black hose until I found out its harder to work with as its stainless braid with black wrap over that. I thought it was just a black nylon wrap without the stainless. It‘s really hard to get a company to tell you their product will or won’t work long term with E85. I’m pretty sure most hose is good for a few years without being PTFE.

There is some cheap PTFE hose on amazon but I can’t see skimping that much on something that keeps your car from catching fire.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
I’m pretty sure most hose is good for a few years without being PTFE.

There is some cheap PTFE hose on amazon but I can’t see skimping that much on something that keeps your car from catching fire.
i agree, def not using the "cheaper" stuff when it comes down to it, may end up costing more in the long run... also want to use a ptfe hose with a conductive core... which may be why the cheaper stuff is cheap... if it does have a conductive core, i wouldnt be afraid to use it... but i would suspect the cheaper stuff may not...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
worked on the hot side a little, this is where i am at so far... when i remake all this, should be much easier (after learning from the first)

still need to add another exhaust bellow... like this... but will be lower... .need to set the height of the turbo down lower, so it doesnt stick out the hood.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #417 (Edited)

turbo sits high as it is right now, but the placement is where i want it, to start with)... will cut the tubing down as far as i can while still adding the bellow

if i cant get it low enough to clear the hood (and still have the bellow), then ill tilt it down further toward the inner fender... depending on how much lower i want to get it... but it is in a good position to start...

i will tack everything in from this point to the turbo so that it holds the turbo up... then make a mount to solid mount the turbo to the car... then cut out a section and add the bellow... that is the plan at least...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm amazed at your level of craftsmanship, precision, and knowledge every time I look at your thread on this build. It looks like you're building a lunar landing device. That car will be priceless.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
I'm amazed at your level of craftsmanship, precision, and knowledge every time I look at your thread on this build. It looks like you're building a lunar landing device. That car will be priceless.
thank you very much... i do the best i can at the time... hopefully getting better and better...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
a little further on the hot side... got the transition into the turbo fit nicely... cut out a section in the middle of a very tight radius bend, to allow it to curve properly into the turbo... as smooth a transition as i could get it for now... also enough straight section to be able to cut out and add the other bellow..

cut out a little bit of the fender... may cut more... but does fit nicely as it is cut... and didnt want to start by cutting "too much"... i can add a shroud over it on the wheel side of the fender, if i end up wanting to... but prob just leave it open... help exhaust some heat maybe... have to cut more, more than likely, for the down pipe further toward the firewall... but not at that point yet...

401 - 420 of 460 Posts