Chevy Nova Forum banner

361 - 380 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm very curious if welding directly to the throttle body will cause issues. You better pull any and all rubber/plastic pieces out of it such as any bearing seals etc. Hopefully it won't warp anything. I weld and fab myself and I agree with others I couldn't afford to pay for many of the things I've done myself. I've been enjoying your thread and continue keeping up with your progress. Keep up the awesome work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just read this whole thread from the beginning, really amazing work!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
I'm very curious if welding directly to the throttle body will cause issues. You better pull any and all rubber/plastic pieces out of it such as any bearing seals etc. Hopefully it won't warp anything. I weld and fab myself and I agree with others I couldn't afford to pay for many of the things I've done myself. I've been enjoying your thread and continue keeping up with your progress. Keep up the awesome work.
thank you... i dont think i will have problems welding it, but i did go with an inexpensive TB vs the Nick Williams... just in case... if for some reason, it doesnt work, then my other idea is to make a flange and bolt an elbow to the intake and then weld a flange for the tb off of that...

Just read this whole thread from the beginning, really amazing work!
thank you...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #366 (Edited)
working on some plumbing... made a baffled catch can, welded coolant overflow to it (because i had some material sitting and didnt want to buy one... made all the bungs and cap also)... not sure it will stay (super ugly to me)... but needed to start plumbing some things in to see what space i have or dont have... not my best looking welds. welding it was fighting me a bit due to the fit up/rushing etc, dont like how it "looks" may re make later, but the point for me was something functional... going to paint it black, so it hopefully stands out less...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
also... made the radiator coolant lines... made the lower one longer to help avoid any kinking... should be enough room to route passenger side exhaust between it and the engine toward the drivers side... but needed to make the lines so that i could start on that

installed a cooler for the transmission and some other misc also...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
still waiting on some parts to show up to continue... doing misc little things (im also in between a jeep project, so am busy while waiting on parts anyway)...

the fuel rails with the intake came with two taller brackets and two short brackets... the tall brackets were too tall and the short brackets were too short... so i made some spacers and used the shorter brackets... i have the flex fuel sensor and some other misc sitting, as soon as a fuel pressure regulator shows up i can finish plumbing the fuel system...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
mounted a fuel pressure regulator, with a pressure sensor, to the driver side head... 3d printed it out of polycarbonate filament... 1/4" thick... can remake out of aluminum later (though i can use it as is)... not sure i am keeping it mounted here... will mount the flex fuel sensor further under the intake... may switch it out down the line, to a different brand, but since i wasnt sure which one i wanted, i just grabbed a very inexpensive one now (which is supposedly a good one)...

361 - 380 of 392 Posts