Chevy Nova Forum banner

341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just caught up on your build thread, very nice work. Fab work is looking great.

I've got to ask though, I may have missed the reason, why the roll control on the rear tires instead of the front? Is it just to keep you from rolling at the starting line? I figure you miss out on the benefit of holding the car for a burnout but it looks like you're building it more for road racing type stuff than drag racing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Just caught up on your build thread, very nice work. Fab work is looking great.

I've got to ask though, I may have missed the reason, why the roll control on the rear tires instead of the front? Is it just to keep you from rolling at the starting line? I figure you miss out on the benefit of holding the car for a burnout but it looks like you're building it more for road racing type stuff than drag racing.
thank you... the way i plumbed the system, i just liked it better in the rear, sort of out the way... but as far as burnouts for drag racing... you would hit the lock first, then you apply brakes, left foot braking... still allows for it to be used to heat the tires up... can slowly ease up on the brakes, let the switch go, etc... at least thats how it would work in my head...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
very tight to the radiator... would have liked to weld a vband straight to the throttle body... but instead, may weld the 4" 90 degree elbow (vibrant performance ultra tight radius) to the throttle body and then cut the straight down and a vband to that... will reduce from there to 3"... may have to mount pusher fans to the front... may allow better fitment of a heat exchanger under that elbow anyway... prob easier to fit fans in the front and a heat exchanger to the rear....

can possibly mount a small puller fan on the heat exchanger too, if that would make sense or work...

i can also modify the core support and move the radiator further away... but i wanted the space for a heat exchanger of some sort...

·
Registered
95 Posts
thank you... the way i plumbed the system, i just liked it better in the rear, sort of out the way... but as far as burnouts for drag racing... you would hit the lock first, then you apply brakes, left foot braking... still allows for it to be used to heat the tires up... can slowly ease up on the brakes, let the switch go, etc... at least thats how it would work in my head...
I get ya, you're essentially locking out the rear brakes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
manifolds are pointed where i want them...

i thought i wanted to try the holley turbo header setup, but wasnt sure about the clearance on the passenger side to their manifold... also trying to save what and where i can... there isnt much room to work with... havent done anything like this before, doing best i can (with what whatever little budget and little "skill" i have)

Looks great to me! Keep up the great work!

Hawkeye

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Holley makes and angle adapter if it works for your application...

T,

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Holley makes and angle adapter if it works for your application...

T,
thank you... wont work for me, have a 102mm tb/intake

·
Registered
542 Posts
manifolds are pointed where i want them...

i thought i wanted to try the holley turbo header setup, but wasnt sure about the clearance on the passenger side to their manifold... also trying to save what and where i can... there isnt much room to work with... havent done anything like this before, doing best i can (with what whatever little budget and little "skill" i have)

You kidding me? lol
Without your "skills" you would need a Bunch of Money. I so envy fabricator people. Amazing work.

341 - 360 of 392 Posts