Chevy Nova Forum banner

321 - 340 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
working on the other side of the cooling system, i started with a "budget" radiator... universal Champion, dual pass... CC571DP... i used two existing holes on the core support to locate bottom mounts... i also wanted to lift the radiator up 1.25" and slightly away from the core support... they are polycarbonate for now, because its what i had in the printer... (they can be used as is, but can also move them around, or change them slightly, just wanted a place to start)

positions the radiator where i want it...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
for the top, the radiator had four square holes in it, not sure what they are used for... they were about the right size for a 1/4-20 nutsert.. so i used two of the holes for them

made two brackets (can "clean" up the profile of them later, if they are staying) to locate the position of the upper half of the radiator...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
there is a spacer and rubber isolator between the radiator and the mount... seems, very solid... good enough for me... can adj the position or push the radiator further away from the core support very easily too, if i need a little more room... marked/drilled two holes for them and 5/16' bolts through the core support

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
havent welded stainless steel, or stainless to cast etc... just back purged it and did the best i could... doesnt look amazing, but im hoping it will hold up decently... welded vbands to the ends in a specific location that will help with routing the rest of the tubing (hopefully)... cant find the factory heat shields i had... the manifolds have been sitting in a spare junk/parts bind for about 10 years... thought i may use them one day, glad i kept them...

got good penetration on the other side too and good backpurge/gas coverage...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #339 (Edited)
manifolds are pointed where i want them...

i thought i wanted to try the holley turbo header setup, but wasnt sure about the clearance on the passenger side to their manifold... also trying to save what and where i can... there isnt much room to work with... havent done anything like this before, doing best i can (with what whatever little budget and little "skill" i have)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
cant go too much further with it, until I can grab a few more parts, but i do have some nice bellows for the next section of tubing... and trying to figure out a merge... making the next section out of a mix of mild steel and stainless first... .then will have to re make it in all stainless, if it works out...

321 - 340 of 392 Posts