Chevy Nova Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I have bit the bullet & pulled all the bright work & bumpers & most of the glass in preparation for a new paint job. Makes me sad to see the car un-drive able, but I hope to make short work of the body work & get it back on the road in a couple months.
New paint job? Changing color or are you having paint issues?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
New paint job? Changing color or are you having paint issues?
The paint job was done in 1999 or so, it cleans up alright, just not as nice as i want it

Decided to go back with the same color without the violet variance. (not quite as purple in the shade)

There are some chips & scratches, & I am getting rid of the SS stuff all together. There were also some tiny rust bubbles showing in front of the rear wheel openings, so I cut the wheel arches out & welded in patches there. Gonna prime it, block it down nice & flat & get it to my paint guy.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
This has really been a beautiful thread to read. I love seeing the progress. Keep it up. I love my 64 but miss my old 65 that was taken from me before her time. I didn't notice if you posted the details on the disk brake conversion you did, as in what kit you used or what scavenged parts aside from the master cylinder. I would appreciate a rundown if you find the time.
I thought I did a write up on this.. cant find it though. Off the top of my head:

https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

It is a Scarebird kit for 15"+ wheels. It takes rear rotors from a 1980 Trans am, calipers from a 1969 Skylark, flex hoses from a Caprice (I think) [NAPA part # 36616]

You can run the original master cylinder. I chose to drop a Power master cylinder & prop valve from a 1992 Camaro in. Had to hand bend all the hard lines.

I think they have some new options for our cars now. Their customer service is great & they know what parts will swap & what the part numbers are.

I don't see my kit on their site anymore. You can email and ask them anything though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On your 700R4 Trans you can us a Truck Trans pan and it will hold 3 more Quarts, that will help with cooling. Also fully Synthetic oil Transfer Heat faster.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well after working nearly every day for the last month or so, I have read your write up and I am energized again to get after my 65 hardtop......thanks!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
On your 700R4 Trans you can us a Truck Trans pan and it will hold 3 more Quarts, that will help with cooling. Also fully Synthetic oil Transfer Heat faster.
I don't have heat issues running a standard trans cooler. A truck pan would drag too much anyway; I cant keep the short car pan off the pavement :no:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
well after working nearly every day for the last month or so, I have read your write up and I am energized again to get after my 65 hardtop......thanks!!!
COOL! Glad to inspire :cool:

I am in the middle of a boat project & repainting the hood on my GMC along with the Nova. So I'm ready to get this one to my buddy's shop. Hoping to get the Nova done before the Run to the Sun at Myrtle Beach.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Can't wait to see the improved pic, your car is sharp in blue, so hoping this go round will be up to your expectations. What is this run to the sun in Myrtle Beach? Sounds like fun, and a great place for classic car rally.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Can't wait to see the improved pic, your car is sharp in blue, so hoping this go round will be up to your expectations. What is this run to the sun in Myrtle Beach? Sounds like fun, and a great place for classic car rally.
The run to the sun is a big classic car show at the old myrtle beach mall.
http://peedeestreetrodders.com/run-to-the-sun-car-show/

The car will not be ready by then. Gotta put all the glass, brightwork, bumpers & windshield back. So I'll just be riding along with my buddy in his LS powered 73 z28.

As far as the paint being up to my expectations.. It needed paint when I bought it, just put it off. The body is super straight now & good cut & buff & she'll shine like glass. I'm super excited. Haven't been without it this long since I bought it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)

Went on a cruise with my dad & one of my friends & had a blast! (My son took this pic & I love it!)

..Dad's SSR, Jason's Camaro, & the Nova way in back.

Stopped by a covered bridge that my great grandfather helped build.

My grandpaw, dad, son, daughter, nephew, Jason & me. Grandpaw was proud to tell us about the history of the bridge.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts