Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
65 progress pics

Its raining & I'm waiting on parts. So, I figured I'd post some pics of the process of making this little Chevy II my own.

The day I traded for it

I know the emblem is incorrect. It has to stay for now because of the holes.
The silver & green "art work" & silver pinstripe was the first thing to go!

with out pinstripe & flame

Dropped the front a little over 2.5" with about 1.3 rounds of coil trim.

1.5 inch drop in rear & NEW 17x7 WHEELS & 205/40-205/50 tires!!

Paint had heavy orange peel; cut with 2000, compounded, polished. Paint came up well for 15 years old! Pic is of the contrast between the cut & buffed fender vs uncut door.

20% tint on back glass

20% on sides

Random shot at night, at one of my old hang-outs.. Looks like some Fords have been parking here!!:rotfl:

I have been through the 600cfm Edelbrock; jetted it down 2 steps leaner & fatter metering rods to keep that 283 from choking to death!

Also swapped in a new internally regulated alternator.

She still needs a lot of love under the hood, but overall, its getting there!!:yes:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I agree . Car looks great after just a little work. Just love it dropped just enough to give it an attitude.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next, I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with the gauges under the dash. I plan on putting them in the factory instrument cluster. Just havent found the way I want to do it yet.

Lots of aftermarket out there.. All seem way overpriced. Probably fab up something on my own. I really dont want to replace the fuel gauge or speedo.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Lousy picture, but you get the idea. Great minds think alike. :)

I got the idea because my Dad had a '63 Impala SS at the time, and the Impala dash trim was like this. What did you use for your "machined turned" finish?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts