Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got everything installed for the most part. I still have things to tidy up before I fire. A Painless wiring harness will replace the nightmare I began to unravel before I took off and a mini will replace the og starter. TCI said the stock starter would work with this flexplate, but I guess that's my fault for not knowing my tooth count better. I also need to find a way to modify this SUMMIT low mount alternator bracket so that it will work. I have some more updated pictures with fuel lines ran and the MSD moved, but my connection isn't the greatest so I can't upload them right now. I had to remove the blower motor so that my PS valve cover would slide on, and the MSD box was mounted inside the cab where the blower used to be. Hope ya'll like...

355ci sbc a little over 10:1 cr
Callies compstar crank
Callies compstar 6" rods
Mahle pistons
Brodix IK200 64cc heads
Brodix Pro-Bracket I intake
Comp hyd bump stick (.540int .560exh, dur @ 50 242 int 248 exh, 110 LSA)
Comp gold rollers (1.6int 1.5exh)
Quick Fuel Technologies 730 cfm
TCI turbo 350
TCI Treemaster 3k stall

New garage

New toolbox (thanks dad :) )

New engine finally done, and set in the car. Along with a TCI 350, one of their treemaster 3k converters and one of their coolers.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good.When is the maiden voyage?:D
Well, not sure when my time in Iraq will end, so the big date isn't set yet. If it were at all proportional to how much I daydream about it though, I would have had it done 6 months ago. Kind of eager/anxious at the same time. The builder said he has gotten 500+ at the crank on pump gas each time he did this build, but I'm trying not to bank on that too much so that when I end up with 3xx at the wheels, I'm not too disappointed.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Choose the mini starter wisely,I had the Proform starter,total piece of trash,replaced it with the Power Master 9000,wrapped in the heat shield,not a single problem.These 2 starters look basically the same but one was different,it actually worked!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Choose the mini starter wisely,I had the Proform starter,total piece of trash,replaced it with the Power Master 9000,wrapped in the heat shield,not a single problem.These 2 starters look basically the same but one was different,it actually worked!
I've got the powermaster 9600 circled in mu summit mag that i brought with me. The mag does not specify it as a mini but the people that I have seen make reference to it online have referred to it as a mini. Either way, as long as it works with the motor, I don't care.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've got the powermaster 9600 circled in mu summit mag that i brought with me. The mag does not specify it as a mini but the people that I have seen make reference to it online have referred to it as a mini. Either way, as long as it works with the motor, I don't care.
It is a mini starter but not as small as the 9000,its a better starter than the 9000 from what I hear.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a mini starter but not as small as the 9000,its a better starter than the 9000 from what I hear.
Good. I would hope so for the money. The stock starter fit, just was the wrong tooth count. The dang thing weighed about 20lbs too, it was a struggle getting it on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts