Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
What’s going to happen at the front end of the these rocker tubes? They are just floating out at the ends at the toe board here. Are they getting tied into the front of the car somehow? I know you are welding the cage into the rocker tubes but I don’t figure that these ends are going to be left unterminated.. I have a similar chassis build project going on and I’m always looking at alternative methods to treat tricky areas..
View attachment 412061
You can see the rocker bars, that’s what the cage is tied into (down through the floor).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
What’s going to happen at the front end of the these rocker tubes? They are just floating out at the ends at the toe board here. Are they getting tied into the front of the car somehow? I know you are welding the cage into the rocker tubes but I don’t figure that these ends are going to be left unterminated.. I have a similar chassis build project going on and I’m always looking at alternative methods to treat tricky areas..

Okay Nova Thug here is how I tied into the inner rockers. You can see it’s attached to a plate held 1” away that’s not welded up yet so I can drop the cage down to weld the top of the cage. Then I’ll weld the plates to the inner rockers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #112

Just picked up this tubing bender for a few of the bends I need to make on the rear structure I’m building and the door bars and rear down bars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

Perfect fit I installed it back from the windshield so we can use the sun visors. You never see sun visors or a rear view mirror in a caged car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

You can see all of this will be hidden under the package tray. The sway bar will tie into that structure under the package tray when finished.

101 - 120 of 150 Posts