Chevy Nova Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
It will be noisy without some kind of headliner and sound deadener...like riding around inside a 55 gallon barrel or living in a Bass drum, really bad. I know that from race cars with no headliner, so loud you have to shout inside to talk..

I would rethink that "no headliner" stance...used a sound deadener and a direct glued fabric cover material at the very least.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i got Noico off ebay for $20 (Noico 80 mil 10 sqft Car Sound Deadening Sound Mat Deadener Insulation Material | eBay), goes on fast and doesn't smell since it's butyl. more than enough for a roof since you only need to cover ~30 % according to the info someone posted on here.

did the headliner myself and it was very easy. just want people to know it is not too hard.

however, curious to see what you come up with if you are trying to do something creative and highly budget-minded.

-Rusty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
what Rust-Oleum sealer are you using?

getting better all time. nice work!

-Rusty
Its just off the shelf Rust Oleum in a quart (oil baised) and brush it on. It goes on thick and levels out so you really dont see the brush marks. FYI: buy the cheep $1 throw away brushes, I use a 2'' wide one. I have been using this stuff for years and it works great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
i got Noico off ebay for $20 (Noico 80 mil 10 sqft Car Sound Deadening Sound Mat Deadener Insulation Material | eBay), goes on fast and doesn't smell since it's butyl. more than enough for a roof since you only need to cover ~30 % according to the info someone posted on here.

did the headliner myself and it was very easy. just want people to know it is not too hard.

however, curious to see what you come up with if you are trying to do something creative and highly budget-minded.

-Rusty
The car is going to have a full interior roll cage. I know a headliner will fit but Im not messing with it. The car will have carpet and door panels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

We took delivery of our S&W Roll Cage this week. I’ve got this bar just sitting in there, looks like it’s going to fit real good. I’m pretty particular about a roll cage fitting real tight and hidden by the A-piller. This kit was the right choice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

This is actually designed to go down through the dash but thinking about leaving it up against the dash as you see it. ???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

You can see how we notched the floor pan to make the crossmember fit real nice. The floor pan will be welded to the crossmember after all final welding is done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

We installed the crossmember ends to plates and screwed the plates to the inner rockers so we can drop the cage to weld the tops of of the tubes up against the roof.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts