Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought the Pro car 90 series seats for my 65 nova and i need some help with positioning. First off should the brackets be level? or tilted slightly down to the rear of the car? second, the brackets that came with the seats 'hang off' the seat hump on the floorpan, meaning i would either have to put a 2" spacer underneath 2 of the 4 bolts or hve to move the brackets and reweld them. third, do i match the original front left and right holes from the bench seat to the front left and right mounting holes on the new seats?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
A little hard to tell from the decription - maybe som pics might help a little with what you are saying.

The nice part about all of this - you can do what you want. Mount the seats how you want them / best fit for you - just make sure to add reinforcement if you do not use the existing mounting points..

I just cut up a set of stock seat brackets to move my seat back 2" and down 1 1/4"..

Greg

·
5,243 Posts
I have not used Procar seats, but I would set the seats on some blocks of wood or steel plate for shims and get a feel for what you like. You can try a few heights and tilts to see what is most comfortable. Then fab your brackets based on the heights you like.
I like my seats back a little further than stock and a little higher in front. The higher front supports my thigh better since I have long legs.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i recently bought the Pro car 90 series seats for my 65 nova and i need some help with positioning. First off should the brackets be level? or tilted slightly down to the rear of the car? second, the brackets that came with the seats 'hang off' the seat hump on the floorpan, meaning i would either have to put a 2" spacer underneath 2 of the 4 bolts or hve to move the brackets and reweld them. third, do i match the original front left and right holes from the bench seat to the front left and right mounting holes on the new seats?
When I originally mounted my procar brackets I used the bench seat holes front and back on both sides, The drivers seat bracket hung out off the hump on the front right corner but I fixed that by bolting a piece of flat steel to the seat bracket and drilling the floor pan to mount the bracket with the added steel. The seats do lean back a bit but I like it and your sliders should have 3 different mounting points to adjust height like mine do. Finally I welded a couple pieces of flat steel with hex nuts welded on for the inside holes the bench seat cars are missing. Even though Procar says their brackets are car specific you still have to do some tweeking to get them the way you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.