Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four spare 65 peak moldings and want to know what car they fit. Two are shorter than the other two and the profiles are the opposite in the same length. it looks like the profiles match short to long as a pair for one vehicle. Any ideas on ID is helpful. Maybe from wagon as have beltline from wagon.

·
Super Moderator
4,123 Posts
Peaks, not peak extensions, right?

So, 2-door hardtop is by itself. Stops before the door, one piece and the longest.

Peak moldings for the wagon and hardtop should be the same for the piece on the door. If there's a difference at all I'm guessing that the wagon piece is 1 to 1 1/2 inches longer than the 4-door as the side trim piece is also a little longer than it would be for a 4-door.

Extensions the same for 2 and 4-door, wagon all by itself and longer.

·
Registered
65 Super Sport
260 Posts
I have four spare 65 peak moldings and want to know what car they fit. Two are shorter than the other two and the profiles are the opposite in the same length. it looks like the profiles match short to long as a pair for one vehicle. Any ideas on ID is helpful. Maybe from wagon as have beltline from wagon.
I'm looking for a left side 2 door HT peak molding. It's about 5ft long. Found this parts wiki maybe it will help. My understanding is that the 2 door HT is the long one 4 doors are shorter. 65 is all by it's self earlier years are different.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for a left side 2 door HT peak molding. It's about 5ft long. Found this parts wiki maybe it will help. My understanding is that the 2 door HT is the long one 4 doors are shorter. 65 is all by it's self earlier years are different.
With further research, the measurements of 2 pieces fit the profile of a wagon with a ruined peak extension as a mock-up for the quarter. This goes along with the beltline moldings that I have- both 4 dr. cars wagon and sedan.

I once had a 4dr. sedan that I drove many years ago until its demise. I have no quarter peaks as long as a 2 dr. quarter.

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Pictured are a coupe piece next to a wagon piece.

--STRAIGHT PIECES--
- Coupe longest length - waaaaay longer than the others. Also has a point at the end towards door, not a blunt end.
- Wagon middle length, blunt end
- 4-door shortest length, blunt end

--QTR EXTENSIONS--
- Coupe & 4-door are the same as AllyMcReal said
- Wagon is "taller"

--DOOR PIECES--
- Coupe - N/A
- 4-door & Wagon the same

The vertical shape or "crown" of the coupe ones are also taller and stamped differently.

* 2-door sedans and 100 series 4-door / wagons would not have had peak trim. 4-door & wagon quarter center mouldings "belt line"are not the same any years to my knowledge. 4-door is shorter due to a shorter quarter.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictured are a coupe piece next to a wagon piece.

--STRAIGHT PIECES--
- Coupe longest length - waaaaay longer than the others. Also has a point at the end towards door, not a blunt end.
- Wagon middle length, blunt end
- 4-door shortest length, blunt end

--QTR EXTENSIONS--
- Coupe & 4-door are the same as AllyMcReal said
- Wagon is "taller"

--DOOR PIECES--
- Coupe - N/A
- 4-door & Wagon the same

The vertical shape or "crown" of the coupe ones are also taller and stamped differently.

* 2-door sedans and 100 series 4-door / wagons would not have had peak trim. 4-door & wagon quarter center mouldings "belt line"are not the same any years to my knowledge. 4-door is shorter due to a shorter quarter.
Yes the wagon has a longer quarter beltline (center) trim and all the others are the same as the 4 dr. in my opinion.

Hey gang thanks a lot for the refinements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts