Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me with my frustrating quest to find parts for my 65 SS. I am down to my last 2 pieces needed. My question is this. I need the drivers side front rocker moulding, it is about 11" long and just the piece on the bottom of fender. Is the SS the only model that had this piece of trim? I have called everyone that I could find online and get different answers from different people. I was just curious, but it would be nice to know so I kind of sound like I know what I'm talking about when calling. I also need the front grill emblem, everyone I talk to only has the rear emblem, no one that I talk to has the front one, does anyone here know where that could be found? Thanks again for everyones help here. I wish I had enough posts to go to the classified section!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Neither one of those are being repoped. You can find them on here or ebay but you'll pay good money. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,551 Posts
The '65 Nova SS trim is unique to that one year and model. It is very, very, very hard to find as no one reproduces it. More and more stuff is being reproduced for the '65 models and hopefully someone will start making it someday. You might keep a look out in the classified as every once in a while a single piece will show up but again, that is not very often. I have 2 LH and 2 RH pieces in the mail to George Lucas to be restored. It'll probably be 2 to 3 months before they are returned as he is very busy. Keep in touch if you do not find them in the mean time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful nova's. I will try contacting george. I had no idea how difficult finding parts were going to be for the 65SS. Does anyone know if those rocker mouldings are specific to the SS cars? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks riverboatman, I read your post twice and the rocker piece I need is specific to the SS. From what Ive read they made 9000 SS's in 65. Ive tried several junk yards out west with no luck, guess george may be my last resort. I'm guessing I will have to end up buying the 3 rocker pieces unless I find someone that wants to part with just the drivers fender piece. Thanks everyone for your help!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Beautiful nova's. I will try contacting george. I had no idea how difficult finding parts were going to be for the 65SS. Does anyone know if those rocker mouldings are specific to the SS cars? Thanks
Yes on the 65 only the SS got the lower trim.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Thanks riverboatman, I read your post twice and the rocker piece I need is specific to the SS. From what Ive read they made 9000 SS's in 65. Ive tried several junk yards out west with no luck, guess george may be my last resort. I'm guessing I will have to end up buying the 3 rocker pieces unless I find someone that wants to part with just the drivers fender piece. Thanks everyone for your help!!
I have seen people part out the trim as well as sell it as a set so take your time and check the for sale adds on the site. Also check eBay and put up a wanted ad on sns

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1965 nova SS steering wheel

I am also restoring my steering wheel for my 65 SS. The car is mist blue with medium blue interior. It is all original with just the 283 PG car. It does have factory ac and power steering. It has had one repaint but still has original paint in the jambs and under trunk. My question is this. the steering wheel had a few cracks so I filled them in and restored it. It looks like it was s diff shades of blue unless it was just faded. Is it all the same blue or is it 2 tone in fact? Thanks again for another one of hoosierdaddy crazy questions. Everyone is so helpful here. I think I am going to stick with my 2nd gen novas from here on out as I had no idea how difficult these 65's are. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
yes they are....heres mine i just sold...all 65ss trim restored by george lucas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice cars

I will post a pic of my blue one trow. Mine doesnt have a mirror on the passenger side though. Is it supposed to? I think I may be selling it once I am done finding the 2 trim pieces I need and maybe now I need to add a passenger side mirror. Thanks for the pics guys!! Trying to find these pieces have been so frustrating I may stick to my 2nd and 3rd gen novas as parts are so easy to find

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm not sure if the passenger side mirror is stock. I built mine the way I wanted and like the look of two mirrors. Bruce built his back to stock and didnt have one on the passenger side

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I will post a pic of my blue one trow. Mine doesnt have a mirror on the passenger side though. Is it supposed to? I think I may be selling it once I am done finding the 2 trim pieces I need and maybe now I need to add a passenger side mirror. Thanks for the pics guys!! Trying to find these pieces have been so frustrating I may stick to my 2nd and 3rd gen novas as parts are so easy to find
its a dealer added option....you dont need it....lets see some pix
look here
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nova ss

I will post a couple pics trow. Mine is pretty boring compared to the 2 you guys posted. Its a plain jane with just factory wheels. It is totally stock, nontheless I will post pics trow as I have it all cleaned up just waiting ot find my 2 trim pieces that hopefully I'll find in my lifetime.

·
13,981 Posts
I'm not sure if the passenger side mirror is stock. I built mine the way I wanted and like the look of two mirrors. Bruce built his back to stock and didnt have one on the passenger side
The passenger side mirror could be a factory or dealer option. A factory mirror will usually show as a 'W' in the 5th ACC spot on the cowl tag.

Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Finally a few pics

Notice the rocker piece that I am missing and the grill emblem. No supplier I talk to have them. It seems that the only emblem that I can find is the trunk emblem. Hopefully I will find it in my lifetime

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finally a few pics

Passenger side missing wheel well trim, thanks to members at steves nova forum to helping me out with this one. Hope to have it in the next couple days. I see alot of the 65's here have mirrors on the passenger side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Finally a few pics

I think the last interior piece that I need is the temp control knob on the A/C. I am finding even one knob is difficult to locate. I love the first gen novas but think after this one I will stick to the 2nd and 3rd gen as I don't lose hair over trying to find parts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts