Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting on my 65 Nova SS. The plan is to do a complete TCI front suspension and the TCI Pro Touring Rear suspension, all with single adjustable coil overs and Wilwood 13" discs on all four. After that I hope to slide in an LS3-525 with a 4L70E tranny (Connect and Cruise). Obviously I have questions so I am hoping that sharing this process will produce answers when needed.:)

So far I have removed the front panels, stripped the electrical, removed the 283 and powerglide trans and removed the front clip.

Nova 1.jpg nova 2.jpg Nova 3.jpg

First questions...
Keep the existing fuel line for the LS or replace it entirely?
Is there and modification needed to the firewall or tunnel for the 4L70E?
What is the best way to smooth the firewall?

Phase Two...
Installing the TCI Pro touring front clip. I had everything powder coated before I attempted the install. TCI recommends installing everything, then disassemble , then paint or powder and then reassemble.

Nova 4.jpg Nova 5.jpg

Next questions...
1. Anybody use the stainless steel heater and radiator hoses? It appears that they come in one diameter for the heater and are adapted via the connectors. Same for the radiator.
2. Any good ideas on how to hide the electrical harnesses from the LS3 and 4L70E tranny?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
First off welcome ! Since your starting fresh I would change all the lines, fuel & brakes. Not sure on the automatic, I have a 6 Speed and had to mod the tunnel. I have vintage air and just filled the blower , heater hose and various small holes I wasn’t gonna use on the fire wall. Basically the stock shape just filled thr holes.

There’s a lot of info in the LSX forum in the drivetrain section.

This is the only one I cold find of my firewall.
7F841E01-FB83-4CBB-845F-D71EF73B7762 by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

·
Registered
780 Posts
With the Vintage Air do you not use the heater blower in the factory location? If that's the case, I can fill mine.

It's my understanding that a 4L70e uses the same case as a 4L60e, and should fit the tunnel. The 4L80e requires modification tho.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you haven't picked up your TCI goodies yet, I'd get ahold of Tim @ Tim's hotrods on here. He goes by ibuildm here. He's a TCI dealer and can help you out.

·
Premium Member
20,540 Posts
You don't have to do any mods to the firewall or tunnel...I have the same exact setup in my 67... put a similar Ls in my 62 wagon..no mods required

·
Registered
209 Posts
I’m building a 67 with the same mods. that you are doing except for the transmission. I’ve gone with a T56. Replacing the fuel and brake hard lines is a good idea. The stock locations will need to be modified. I also filled the stock holes in the firewall to clean it up.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
With the Vintage Air do you not use the heater blower in the factory location? If that's the case, I can fill mine.

The vintage air is all self contained under the dash unless you use a sure fit system that uses the existing blower hole for all the lines. Didn’t like the way it looked so I put all mine in the wheel well. Just had them change the line kit too universal one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts