Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got around to joining since I picked up this 65 nova on Dec 1st....early xmas present I guess. Dont know a whole lot about it other than a 3 ring binder filled with receipts from the past 20 yrs from the previous owner. Car was restored back in 2000 it appears.
Anyways it's far from perfect but that's fine cuz I'd never drive a perfect car on the streets. Too paranoid if it was perfect that something would happen to it.
So from what I can tell it's a 1965 factory v8 auto car. It's got a rebuilt 283 with iron heads and forged pistons, etc.....th350 trans mild 11" converter.
It's got a slightly narrowed 8.5 under it with 342s and Lakewood traction bars. Also weld 3.5s in front and 8s in the rear that rub badly.
I'm in the building and gathering parts phase. Engine and trans are coming out for a LS/4l60e swap. Plans are just a cool weekend cruiser, drag week car with AC of course.
First things to update are wheel change to 15x7s in rear with 4.5 bs and 235 MT drag radial (has 255/60 now)
Then ordering a 66 center console and installing a B&M outlaw shifter. That lokar shifter has to go!!!!
20200216_154134.jpg
20200216_154149.jpg
20200216_154211.jpg
20200216_154257.jpg
20200216_154359.jpg

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
WELCOME to SNS ; with your very nice looking 65 .

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,490 Posts
Welcome to the site! That is a very nice looking 65 you have.
Good luck with the upgrades and please keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Just got around to joining since I picked up this 65 nova on Dec 1st....early xmas present I guess. Dont know a whole lot about it other than a 3 ring binder filled with receipts from the past 20 yrs from the previous owner. Car was restored back in 2000 it appears.
Anyways it's far from perfect but that's fine cuz I'd never drive a perfect car on the streets. Too paranoid if it was perfect that something would happen to it.
So from what I can tell it's a 1965 factory v8 auto car. It's got a rebuilt 283 with iron heads and forged pistons, etc.....th350 trans mild 11" converter.
It's got a slightly narrowed 8.5 under it with 342s and Lakewood traction bars. Also weld 3.5s in front and 8s in the rear that rub badly.
I'm in the building and gathering parts phase. Engine and trans are coming out for a LS/4l60e swap. Plans are just a cool weekend cruiser, drag week car with AC of course.
First things to update are wheel change to 15x7s in rear with 4.5 bs and 235 MT drag radial (has 255/60 now)
Then ordering a 66 center console and installing a B&M outlaw shifter. That lokar shifter has to go!!!! View attachment 399639 View attachment 399640 View attachment 399642 View attachment 399643 View attachment 399644
Welcome. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good looking car. What are you planning on the front suspension and brakes? I had one of these cars years ago, it seems like the handling was a little iffy on mine.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
welcome to steves nova site. what a fine looking christmas present. that garage is almost too clean to start the work you have planed. i'm sure that 283 will be easy to sell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good looking car. What are you planning on the front suspension and brakes? I had one of these cars years ago, it seems like the handling was a little iffy on mine.
Not sure yet on the front end. For brakes I want to keep it manual but change from drums to 4 wheel disk.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome to steves nova site. what a fine looking christmas present. that garage is almost too clean to start the work you have planed. i'm sure that 283 will be easy to sell.
Thanks
Yeah the 283 has alot of nice stuff, mini starter, msd distributor, etc......
Gonna just cruise it to local car shows til end of Oct, then the swap begins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts