Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everybody using as a replacement for their old worn out heater duct defroster tube. I went to a few car parts stores the pther day and nobody carried anything even close for a replacement.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'LL GO HALF ON SOME IF YOU'D LIKE $15 EA. :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Gates part # 23840 (2.5" X 6') (enough to do two cars)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRFIKS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/189-3453022-9729469?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=0DFPWF3PGBNCKW16XG4H&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B005E3JDCY[/ame]

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if you install the ducting so it's a relaxed installation you'll have more than enough to do one car... not two. if it's installed with a stretched, tight fitting installation you might squeak two cars.

i'd recommend installing it in a comfortable, std installation and save the extra length in case a repair is needed... don't try to get two installations with the supplied length, it's just a tad short for two cars...

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
^^^ I think you're right John - that's an excellent point and I'll stand corrected. :yes::thumbsup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
napa has tubing. it's not the older clothe material but it is like thin plastic/rubber/vinyl kind of stuff. they sell it by the foot. I think it's in the balkamp stock.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THANKS T FOR THE LINK, I ONLY NEED ENOUGH FOR ONE CAR ANYWAYS, I FIGURE VINTAGE AIR GOT THEIR OWN DUCTING! :yes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Part ordered and according to the website it was the last one. If I have enough left over I'll let ya know asteetler4life :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the tubing but my car didn't have the duct installed when I bought it so now I'm not sure where it exactly goes. There are two holes for the duct on the heater unit. The first hole on the Left side I'm sure it connects to the middle of the dash, but where does the hole on the right side go? The center of the Dash as well? I've only got one end piece for the ducting does anybody have a second end piece if I need one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts