Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car I bought off my Aunt to finish off in my uncle's honor after he passed. It's a 65 Nova with a Jim Meyer Racing front subframe kit with Wilwood brakes. I bought the 5.3 and plan on making it look like an original 327 with the exception of stack injection to keep the gasser theme which will be backed by a Muncie 4 speed. My uncle always wanted to put a 327 in this car so this is to honor him with my personal toucheck to it. In the back I plan on using a ladder bar or 4 link. The car needs the quarters redone and the rockers fixed also plan on mini tubbing the back. There will be some custom parts to the car to help reduce a little weight and give a sleeker look. I know Gasser's aren't suppose to have modern engines but this car won't be going down the track it will be more of a show piece to honor my uncle. It will get painted a custom blue I made with the help of Axalta.I will kept updating as I make progress, right now just waiting on the axle perches so I can mount the front axle and get the engine set in place so I can make any modifications to the firewall I need to make. Hope you all enjoy.
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got my axle perches and got the axle all mocked up, as you can see in the pictures the one firewall tube on drivers side doesn't fit as nice as the passenger so I will cut the plate off and re weld it in proper position, also got the m22 4 speed mated up to the engine. What engine adaptor plates do all you guys who swapped ls motors into your Nova like to use? I'm looking at the stock locaton hooker ones, I have used the trans dapt ones on a customers project and although they are cheaper they didn't fit well at all I had to ream holes to get it to even bolt to the block.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts