Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I have an original 1965 Nova SS with factory A/C. The gentleman I bought it from just gave me the compressor and a couple brackets that he thought they were from when he took it off. I am in need of a member that has a factory A/C car that has a picture of the engine bay for me. I am a new member here and the first post I made a gracious member had a trim piece that I was needing. I am hoping another kind member could be so helpful to send me a pic,maybe a closeup of the front brackets and where the lines are suppoosed to be ran. Any help would be so thankful. The car I have is an all original 283 powerglide that is all original with the exception of one repaint. Thnaks in advance for any help a member could give me. My email is [email protected]

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
Welcome! Along with pics the factory assembly manual will have extensive details regarding the A/C setup and its installation. Go out and get it if you have not already, you will be glad you did :yes:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Manuals and instructions

While it is difficult to post hat you should look at what the manual says, I w as able to find chassis service and chassis overhaul manuals at local swap meet cheap. In checking them out it is clear that they were well worth it as there are tons of little things that are different on these old classics. I do not know if there is any difference because of the SS options, but I can look for you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

I did go ahead and purchased a 65 assembly manual from ebay. it will be several days before I get it. I was hoping to have car ready for the Daytona Turkey run ext week but that looks like its out of the question. I was told that the a/c cars had different pass side exhaust amnifolds, does anyone know if that is the case? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AC manifold

Thanks for the reply. Will it be difficult to find that manifold with the bosses in it. The 2nd owner I bought it from did mention that years ago the manifold cracked and he replaced it. Does anyone know if I could find one from a supplier or will it be like my trim pieces that I got from an awesome member here on the forum. Thanks for any help! Joey

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Joey,
If you don't care if they are date coded correctly then any 64-67 V-8 A/C car right side manifold will work. Try John Piccola...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts