Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
14,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Perfect car for mt sister. Fantastic condition actually.

·
Super Moderator
4,027 Posts
Interesting find, Bob. Can't tell you how often I have seen that two-tone combo across the Chevrolet line in the '60's. It was very popular and not necessarily because it was ordered, but along with the PS, PB, A/C and V-8, it's kind of a nice dealer example of an up-ordered Nova right there on the lot. Just guessing, but I've seen that combo more than would be probable.

While welding up the holes made things easier by not dealing with trim, the brightwork is kind of a big selling point of the car, in my mind. I would take a lot of work to bring it back but if it is truly Arizona dry, then it could be a unique project. Love '65s.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
thats a nice one to build back to stock. looks as though the canibals got both out side mirrors. all those extra options an the original buyer got it with the pass. side mirror, as there are holes there. to bad the radio is gone. still a very nice one to get a shine onto.

·
14,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting find, Bob. Can't tell you how often I have seen that two-tone combo across the Chevrolet line in the '60's. It was very popular and not necessarily because it was ordered, but along with the PS, PB, A/C and V-8, it's kind of a nice dealer example of an up-ordered Nova right there on the lot. Just guessing, but I've seen that combo more than would be probable.
Just noticed that this is a no reserve auction. Somebody could really score on this car.

Yes, that two-tone combo was very popular in the 60's. Mist Blue/White was around for several years and variations of Mist Blue with white in other years. I knew a guy with a '63 Nova 4 door sedan that was Silver Blue with a white top, which was very similar.

Bob

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
brooksey.... congrats on the nova. an a good price also. you'll have to post some pictures as you bring it back to life on the streets.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks everyone

Thanks for posting the link to the car, it looks like a solid 65. I used to drive a 65 nova to college, but it only had a 230 in it. I have always liked the 283 engines so I am looking forward to it

·
Registered
622 Posts
Having it shipped

Im going to have it shipped to me ,possibly next week. Then im going to see what I need to get it running. I want to keep it as original as I can with the 283 . Fix up the interior and get it repainted the same color it was born with.I have a great engine rebuilder here in case the 283 needs work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts