Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site guys. Hope this is the best place to post this.
I have a 65 4 door, I want to know if its possible to do convert it to a 2 door with new quarters and doors. I'm not sure if there's a difference in roof heights, windows and such. I've tried all my research to find out if anyone's done it but there's no info on it anywhere.

Also don't just tell me to get a 2 door lol they are not easy to find in the northeast and if you find one they are out of my price range. I just want to work with what I have. Plus it would be pretty cool.

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks!

Here's the rusty Gem...

IMG_3879.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
the 4dr uses the same windshield and rear glass as the 2 door "sedan" that's the one with the post between door and quarter glass. the 2 door sedan also has the frame around the glass on the doors. if you want a drag car it's not hard to make happen but if you want to build one that most people couldn't tell was a 4dr that's a bit harder and you will need a 62-65 2dr parts car. biggest pain is the quarter glass area. i've done it but cheated and cut out the upper quarter glass channel from the roof of a 2dr. only reason i did it was i had a 43,000 mile 4dr hit in the rear by a city bus and i had a 2dr parts car shell that i gave $200 for so really nothing to loose. another member stangforsale did it to his twin turbo LS i believe it was a 67.

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
Why? Run a cool 4-door, and the time and money that would have been put into a near-impossible conversion could be better spent on drivetrain and the rest.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,127 Posts
It CAN BE done......... you need some skills (welding, body work, tools, lots of money, a parts car for the correct parts, ect.)
almost anything could be completed....... ? ? have you ever done something like that before...... most people (some) don't finish their restoration on their cars---- My good friend had a '62 Impala SS for over 15 years and never drove it after he took it down to restore (only drove it 3 months, before he took it apart).
I, completely restored my (dad's '53 I H p/u)----------------------------but------- I was working in a paint & body shop (full time, 50 % commission work), and had full use of all the shop equipment, after work & week-ends........
a big HELP, to start with. and, I mean COMPLETE Restore (on my truck-- which I still have 40 years later, (sitting here in my yard, today..... it was my dad's truck... I'll never let it go).
I'd think it over-------------------- a lot ------------ just my :2cents:

jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts