Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one I'd like to have if it's legit....even if it is a hardtop :D

'65 Nova

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
crappy/insufficient images for such a rare car... i think i'd have better/more images if it were my auction...

1965 Chevrolet Nova Sport Coupe factory orignal documented 300/hp 327 muncie 4speed 12 bolt Posi rearend. Factory Tachometer. orginal dog dish hub caps on steel wheels. This car is a true survivor one owner car. Was purchased new at chevrolet in 1965 in Star Valley Wyoming. I have documented all the numbers match for engine, heads, transmission and rearend. This car was specifically ordered non SS and may be the only one of the 300+ 300/hp 327 cars that is not an SS. Car runs and drives ready for restoration. You will own one of the rarest early nova's in existence. Stainless is complete and in excellent shape, All glass is good.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
There is no picture of that 327:confused:. Nice car though! If it is really an original 327/4speed car its worth money whether it an SS or not!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LIKE IT, THAT'S MY NEXT NOVA A '65 FOR SURE, NO POST OF COURSE!

:hiding:​

·
13,706 Posts
There has already been considerable research done on this car. It appears to be legitimate. All indicators show a numbers matching drivetrain. The VIN is stamped on the engine and the four speed is coded on the cowl tag. With only 319 L74 cars built in 1965, probably very few were Sports Coupes. Looks like a very rare car, but it does need work.

Bob

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have bled Chevrolet orange since I was in Jr. High and love the original rare stuff. I also like the stripped down all business go fast idea, but I am torn on this one for some reason. Seems like I would just rather have an SS with a buckets and a console and all that. I do like the rarity and would love to have it though.

I did write the seller (new seller) and suggest that if someone was going to spend $10K+ on their car, a few more pics would be fitting...especially of the 327.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been working on purchasing this car for the past three weeks.

The new owner, so seconded owner (ad says one owner?). Did not completely understand what his car was. I had him get all the numbers and worked with others (thanks to those who helped) to provide him with an accurate discription of what he had. However when he found what a rare car he had, he changed his tune. I had made two fair offers based on input from well known Nova resources. Only to see the car posted on eBay soon after.

The discription on eBay is very miss leading. The original documentation is a few pictures and loan papers, no GM paperwork is with this car. However all numbers lineup and it would be hard to prove it is not the real deal. He also does not show any of the major damage this car has in the rear. It needs two 1/4's and tail panel, plus floor repair and new front fenders.

I understand making a few dollars in today's economy is always good, the ad is very misleading in my opinion.

I wish him the best in his sale and hope his is able make the money he would like to make. I hope it goes to someone who cares about the car and restores it to its original state.

I'll provide some pictures of the damage, when at home this evening. I don't want someone purchasing his car and not knowing the extent of the damage.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I had a similar situation a couple years ago with a "1968 Camero" as the ad read but was actually an all there 68 Z28 that was for sale in the region, did some legwork with the sellers only to find out it was sold to a Camaro club member for double the original price.:mad:

I retract my earlier comment about rather having an SS. I dig it.:yes:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

The new owner, so seconded owner (ad says one owner?). Did not completely understand what his car was. I had him get all the numbers and worked with others (thanks to those who helped) to provide him with an accurate discription of what he had. However when he found what a rare car he had, he changed his tune. I had made two fair offers based on input from well known Nova resources. Only to see the car posted on eBay soon after.

The discription on eBay is very miss leading. The original documentation is a few pictures and loan papers, no GM paperwork is with this car. However all numbers lineup and it would be hard to prove it is not the real deal. He also does not show any of the major damage this car has in the rear. It needs two 1/4's and tail panel, plus floor repair and new front fenders.

I understand making a few dollars in today's economy is always good, the ad is very misleading in my opinion.

I wish him the best in his sale and hope his is able make the money he would like to make. I hope it goes to someone who cares about the car and restores it to its original state.

I'll provide some pictures of the damage, when at home this evening. I don't want someone purchasing his car and not knowing the extent of the damage.
See...nice guys finish last. Crap like that pisses me off. You go in and are up front with the guy and he craps backwards on you raising the price or what ever.
Your a nicer guy than me. I hope he sells it for twice as much and the check bounces.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Car

Spoke with him on car said he paired here and was given run around by 2 buyers and decided to list on eBay. Funny thing is he list crappy pics,no motor,blowup pics rust in quarters,etc. Wants 11k good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the car.

Funny only wants 11K now? Wanted 14K yesterday at 1600, before he posted on eBay.

Maybe my words changes his mind,"there is no way I would pay that much with all the body work that is needed, but I am sure you could maybe get that on eBay." It was ebay within 30-45 minutes.

A few notes:

Non original intake
Non original carb
Non original shifter
Non original exhaust

Ouch

12 bolt - never got tube code, but carrier numbers lined up

Cowl Tag

Needs Trunk, near plug is rust out.

Large Fuel Line

·
Registered
20,109 Posts

Unlike you, I hope he doesn't do well on his auction if he is going to treat people the way he did you after you doing the leg work. I wouldn't volunteer any info if they are too lazy to take the time to search. :no::no::no:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Wow that really bites. I agree with some of the others I hope he doesn't sale it for that much and has to come back to earth. I would think after he was told what he had he would be happy to get more then the asking price and not get greedy.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Listing a car and not showing that collision damage is just as bad as misrepresenting a clone or tribute as the real deal IMO. It's deception by omission. Wow, ought to be yanked.

·
Registered
983 Posts
OMG what is this guy doing? I was expecting where it had been backed into or something but that thing is smashed.

This seems like every time I sit down at my computer this 65 and everything around it gets worse and worse. I feel bad for the people bidding on it...almost criminal really..:confused:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
At the bottom of the ebay listing, it says "Report this item"...Anybody?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I emailed the guy and told him he needs to show or tell about the rear quarter panel damage. He said he isn't trying to hide anything from anybody. He was courteous in his email as I was. I should have pasted it here, but I already deleted it from my Ebay.

He did say that it "maybe" needed a rear quarter panel.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts