Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone please correct me if I miss something in my list of things to do to minitub my 65 Coupe. (they may not be in the right order)
1. Expand the wheel well by cutting and adding a spacer between the two halves.
2. Move front leaf spring perch inboard.
3. Replace (move inboard) rotten frame rails.
4. Move leaf spring pads on rearend inboard.

These are just high level thoughts, if I've missed something, please let me know.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Don't forget to move the rear shackles in also...

Comp Eng used to make a kit for this...

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I did a minitub years ago by notching and moving the stock frames in board (it gave 14" on each side) and was very easy but I was never happy with the look. I just decided to redo it with the Comp eng. frame rail and sub frame kit. I think it was just over $300 from summit. I started tacking it up today. I am very pleased with it. I wish I would have done this the first time around (now I am cutting out the rear part of my cage to remount to the new rails). The rails follow the contour of the trunk better than i thought possible. Now I have 17" on each side. I wanted it to around 15" but found it easier to do by going narrower. I wanted to leave the stock spring mounts in place as a refrence point for the new rails. I did this because my friend just installed it the way the instruction said and it sat about 4" higher than stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts