Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what color the dash and interior metal trim would be on a 65 with black interior? My original interior is out, and I am replacing it with black interior soft goods. However, the interior metal trim is currently off-white. I am trying to figure out what color to repaint the interior metal or if I should leave it the color it is.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
BLACK!!!

Most of the time the Color of the seats and door panels is what the paint for the Dash and metal at the top and bottom of the doors should be. I have seen some blue colors where the metal color is a little lighter blue.

For some reason in the last few years the outside body color has come into the metal pieces of the interior. I don't like that. I like the metal to match the vinyl color.

Bryan

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what color is the exterior of the car?
It's ... in transition. The original color was a tanish brown color that currenty survives in some fashion and the interior was off white. I don't know ultimately what color the exterior will be, and I am doing the interior first. My concern is that if I don't paint-out the interior to match the door panels, etc. then I'll have a black and white stripped interior which seems a little too disco (but hard to tell without actually seeing it). Alternatively, painting it all black sounds too dark. I'm just trying to confirm whether they came all black from the factory. If so, was it a gloss black or something more satin...?

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
In 1965, the interior sheet metal color was listed on the cowl tag.

On the first line of the cowl tag it will have it listed on the upper right hand side.

If it has the letter "E" in the upper right hand corner of the tag, you had black.

1965 Interior Sheetmetal Color
A = Aqua
B = Blue
C = Saddle
D = Red
E = Black
F = Fawn

Here's a link showing it: http://www.novaresource.org/c65.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts