Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Looking to see if anyone has experience with fitting the hood lip moulding on an aftermarket hood? The hood doesn't quite have the same nose as the original and leave about a 1/2" gap on either end.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yup had the same problem with the hood bar, The guy I brought it too had to rework the corners to make it look right.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
I'd be interested also as I had to go with a repop hood and the front hood lip molding on mine will not pull up either. I've had to get it in my head that my car will have a lot of misalignments due to repops, that for the most part, are just close but no cigar.

My Drivers side pulled up close but the passenger side would only pull up to within 1/8" on the passengers sides. If they are forced to pull up I'm pretty sure the ends will eventually end up cracking.

I thought about this for a while and my body guy just told me "That's the way it is and there is nothing that can be done". I tried to convince him to weld along the edge of the hood to build it up by at least 1/16" on each side so the gap would fit up against the molding but he just would not do it so I'm stuck with what he would do and that's that!

My car has already been painted so "it is what it is" for me. Good Luck getting it fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts