Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting started on my 65. Bought the car as a roller last summer but just getting going. Car is all solid except the trunk floor. Came with old tci airbag front end, 9” rear not installed, and almost no interior.
Plan is aluminum 5.3 with a carb for now and a super t-10 four speed, just for fun. Why carb? That’s the way I bought it. I’ll put fuel injection and hopefully turbos down the road. I have the pedal assembly and I’m planning on installing the McLeod hydraulic kit from jegs.
Disassembled from clip and removed the auto pedal assembly yesterday to prep for paint and correctly assemble and torque bolts.
That’s all for now. If anybody has any experience with the McLeod kit using a power brake master cylinder let me know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the post on how to post pics. I remember seeing it a while back. I don’t currently use a host site but I guess I need to figure this out. Thank!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
This is how I post pictures.

Post replay:
1. click on the paper clip to the right of the smiley face.
2. this will bring up the box to the left.
3. click on "choose file" upper left, find the picture you want and click on it.
4. click on "upload".
note: the photo will not appear until you click "submit reply".

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m getting the same attatchment limit reached alarm that I’ve seen in several other member posts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright guys, finally getting back to it. Got the firewall into primer and painted the tci front frame rails. Last half of summer was busy. Really wanna get this thing back to roller. For the record, I’m not building a show quality restoration. It’s not my thing. Goal is a fun driver that probably won’t ever get a real paint job. I’m looking to do no harm to a really quality 65 that needs very little metalwork so that someday I can sell it off to someone who is looking to build a really nice car. That said, I’m doing this in a very small 2 stall that also houses my wife’s daily and my kids bikes and toys. It’s already got handlebar rub marks on the driver door from my 5 yr old riding his bike too close. We’ve had “the talk” about daddy’s car but I don’t think it sunk in.
Need some info, advice, direction...the tci airbag front that came with the car sat for a long time, never fully assembled or driven on. As a result all the bushings and greese boots are shot. I’ve emailed tci a couple times about replacement parts but obviously they’ve moved on from this particular design. What I need to know is if anyone out there in nova land knows what parts were used so I can order new rubber products. Tci replied about a assembly instructions with a link to instructions for the newest air bag front which mostly is similar but no part numbers. To answer the obvious question, I have no idea what the original pn for the kit was nor even an approximation of when it was purchased. That was two owners ago and half a country from where the car is now. Thanks y’all image_1539310573480.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Your images are not staying visible. They load up and then disappear. Probably too large of a file. If you are taking the pics with your phone try taking a screen shot of your original image just sligttly cropped a little smaller. Then attach the new smaller image and see if that works. Sometimes the image files do funny things when you upload them on the site like. Seems they like rotating or disappearing when the files are too large..:turn:

·
Vendor
1,429 Posts
Need some info, advice, direction...the tci airbag front that came with the car sat for a long time, never fully assembled or driven on. As a result all the bushings and greese boots are shot. I’ve emailed tci a couple times about replacement parts but obviously they’ve moved on from this particular design. What I need to know is if anyone out there in nova land knows what parts were used so I can order new rubber products. Tci replied about a assembly instructions with a link to instructions for the newest air bag front which mostly is similar but no part numbers. To answer the obvious question, I have no idea what the original pn for the kit was nor even an approximation of when it was purchased. That was two owners ago and half a country from where the car is now. Thanks y’all
Drop the Sales Manager Evan an e-mail. I heard him talking the other day about finding replacement rubber bushings for the old style control arms.

[email protected]

-J

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had to fix a small section in the firewall where it looked like someone took an air chisel to it or maybe a broken motor mount allowed the engine to smash into it. Ordered new rubber products that should be in today. Hoping to reassemble front suspension in the next week or two and start setting motor and trans in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update: pedals and clutch master mocked up. I did finally get the sway bar wrapped up. Not sure it’s correct but it’s bolted up and no longer hitting the lower a arm. Made it over to pick up the motor and trans. Bit of bad news there. Upon inspection it appears the guy I purchased it from was neither professional nor an engineer which he claimed to be. The trans was never seated into the pilot bearing and as such destroyed the bearing and I believe the input bearing in the trans is shot also. Found some other evidence that he didn’t really have a grasp of what he was doing, hopefully the engine is as good as it sounded when it was still in his car. Hoping to get an fbody pan today and will move forward with engine and trans mock up this week and weekend.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts