Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my front end apart now heres a pic of my eyebrows do these look like there going to be exspensive to get looking good again and what would be a good way to clean them up my self for now until i find someone to get the dents out and clean them up for me

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
No I've seen way worse,There is a thread here about these repairs that a member does if I find it I'll let you know don't remember where.69novass knows who he is they were discussing repairing his bezels may try send him pm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
what would be a good way to clean them up my self for now until i find someone to get the dents out and clean them up for me
Rob, check out George's site below and also the 65 thread in 1st Gen for info.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Rob that's the guy "George" go to show & shine Dec 20th Greg has a post of his bezel/eye brows before & after they look great.Thanks for the follow up Keez 65 2+2 could not remember where or who it was.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yeah check out the different compounds you'll want the one for soft metals.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, hate to break it to ya, but they're terrible, beyond repair, gonna need a new set..yeah...unhuh, no good, yeah..and umm you can give them to me, seeing as how you won't be needing them anymore, yeah, um.. :p

Seriously, they don't look to be in too bad of shape judging from the pictures. If you are REALLY careful, you can remove some of the dings with metal forming hammers (ones that look like a teardrop on a handle). Use some hobby files to knock down any small high spots, sand out the file marks with 400 grit, wetsand with 600 and buff with a medium compound such as tripoli. If you are looking for a high luster shine, follow with white rouge (less cut more luster).

..but if you'd rather believe my first statement, i'll PM you my address. :p

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
George does excellent work, and I would highly recommend him when you want them restored. I would be hesitant to do much straightening myself. To clean them up in the meantime, I've had very good luck with 3M rubbing compound and a soft rag. It will clean off the stains, & give it a nice shine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts