Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen many kits available for 62-79 blocks that convert the oil pan to front sump as well as dipstick and oil pump etc... my question is will i need to convert my 86 305 SBO in order to fix it in my 65 nova with a stock front end?

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you don't have power steering, you can get a rear sump pan, moroso or Milodon makes rear sump pans specifically for the nova with manual steering, but they sit really low which for some can be an issue, especially those that have lowered novas, kevko racing also makes pans for the nova, about the same price as moroso or Milodon, but gives you more ground clearance, and you can take down measurements for an oil pan you want to make and they will make it for you custom, :)

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I have a Milodon pan off my 65 that is a rear sump and it's on a 305 with the right hand dipstick and the two piece rear main seal. It'll be coming off the car soon and will be on this site for sale. No dings or dents. I'm putting a 355 in it's place with a left hand dipstick and have no need for it anymore. The 305 is stock and will be going on Craigs list, less pan and pump. It doesn't hang down that low. And it won't fit a car with power steering. And I'll be going to Woodstock, ON at Christmas. Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live pretty close so i will probably be looking for it. what were you looking for, for it? Thanks for the quick responses guys, like always my problems have been resolved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts