Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The '64 wagon I bought seems to be nice but it's missing the tailgate window crank handle/lock. The crank base part is there but just a hole where the crank would go.

Since this is not repoped, what options are there to replace this? I know finding a used one is likely the first option but they seem far between finding and $$$ when you do. I don't want to spend as much as a mini subframe from CPP for a darn handle.

Has anyone build something or found a setup from another model that can be modified to work? Ideas???

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
there are no cheap options. you either need the proper part or you'll be Mickey-Mousing it...

keep looking & be patient, used ones come up, NOS units etc... they're around. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
thanx for postin' that Greg :yes:
I'm gonna hit all the garage sales and thrift stores for a vintage '63 set of power window/mixer motors :D
schwabie

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
don't be impatient. you're new and really, just hang out and browse the site... maybe work on something else a while but keep your eyes on the classifieds. this is the largest & best resource for anything ChevyII/Novas Period, Bar None... good/used ones come up... just be patient. ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Another route to consider and it was the best bang for the buck for me. Check local craigslist ads.. I was able to locate a rotten power tailgate that had the key and operating system and glass inside. All I really needed were the guys so the 40 bucks I dropped was well worth it. From what I got from craigert (seasoned nova vet here on the site) the motor swap from a late suburban is a simple switch out.

As others have said patience is needed and the deals will be found. Remember that 1gens are a little on the rare side and wagons emphasize this even more. Chin up and eyes out.
Welcome to the site.

-jim

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts